We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ALTUI : New Features Suggestions  (Read 82337 times)

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Re: ALTUI : Suggestions
« Reply #495 on: May 29, 2018, 11:20:09 am »
Hi amg0,

After upgrading to 2405 on my PI I just got Waiting for initial data message at the bottom. In the console I noticed that the controller got disabled because it did not respond. Looking at a network trace I noticed there is a response in 2.3 seconds. After increasing the timeout in the multibox initialization function from 2 to 10 seconds it is working again.

Can you set the timeout less aggressive for the next release?

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2018, 01:03:59 pm »
Hi amg0,

After upgrading to 2405 on my PI I just got Waiting for initial data message at the bottom. In the console I noticed that the controller got disabled because it did not respond. Looking at a network trace I noticed there is a response in 2.3 seconds. After increasing the timeout in the multibox initialization function from 2 to 10 seconds it is working again.

Cheers Rene
Yes several users reported this, I ll make this a variable

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #497 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:38 am »
... could a clock be added to show the time of the machine on the top bar? It could be useful for troubleshooting.

...could there be an option to turn this off?  I, for one, find it hugely distracting (eg. when looking at Lua Test Code...)
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2018, 06:41:50 am »
... could a clock be added to show the time of the machine on the top bar? It could be useful for troubleshooting.

...could there be an option to turn this off?  I, for one, find it hugely distracting (eg. when looking at Lua Test Code...)
hugely :-) ?  I will add an option

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2018, 06:43:20 am »
Hi amg0,

Cheers Rene

in next version, ALTUI device's variable ControlTimeout will be the default ms ( defaulted to 3000 ms )

Offline pls90

« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2018, 08:08:16 am »
would it be possible to implement some kind of default sorting logic for some tables? Every time I visit the device table I sort by ID and set the filter to ALL.
Also in the workflow view sorting by the name of the workflow in alphabetical order would be most welcome.
I understand that this is something every user will probably want to do differently, so if sorting would remember how the page was sorted the last time and default to that would be rather nice.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2018, 08:17:43 am »
hugely :-) ?  I will add an option

Hugely.

... just add ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) to my list of afflictions.  ;)

Thanks!
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline vzhivkov

« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2018, 06:19:36 am »
Hello,
I would like to use ALTUI to build a custom screen to control my home from standing on the wall tablet. I have tens of devices in each of 7 different rooms so just listing them is not good at all. So I thought I might use ALTUI custom pages and put a diagram of my home with most valuable sensors and ability to click on each room and see and control devices there. The first problem is that I can't make only the custom page open on the whole screen - no header, no footer and so on. The second thing is that I can't seem to find a way to make those poping html div elemnts that I want to appear when I click on a room. So my suggestions are:
1. Ability to show custom page with "lean" layout (it works for MyHomepage but not for the Custom page)
2. Ability to edit the pure html of the page and adding javascript

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2018, 02:54:56 pm »
Hello,
I would like to use ALTUI to build a custom screen to control my home from standing on the wall tablet. I have tens of devices in each of 7 different rooms so just listing them is not good at all. So I thought I might use ALTUI custom pages and put a diagram of my home with most valuable sensors and ability to click on each room and see and control devices there. The first problem is that I can't make only the custom page open on the whole screen - no header, no footer and so on. The second thing is that I can't seem to find a way to make those poping html div elemnts that I want to appear when I click on a room. So my suggestions are:
1. Ability to show custom page with "lean" layout (it works for MyHomepage but not for the Custom page)

1 exists already, check the lean mode in the read me first post
2 won?t be able to do, you may want to experiment with the iframe option of the frame widget

Offline vzhivkov

« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2018, 03:59:19 pm »
Hello,
2 won?t be able to do, you may want to experiment with the iframe option of the frame widget
1. Thank you, I tried that but wrong way. Any chance to not show the footer too?
2. At least a way to switch between custom pages? I couldn't find such a way from within the page. An action on click for the image element maybe?

Offline pls90

« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2018, 01:07:15 am »
amg, any thoughts on my suggestion in #501?

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #506 on: June 10, 2018, 06:39:06 am »
Hello,
1. Thank you, I tried that but wrong way. Any chance to not show the footer too?
2. At least a way to switch between custom pages? I couldn't find such a way from within the page. An action on click for the image element maybe?

http://<ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&home=pageUsePages
enables you to switch among pages

http://<ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&home=pageUsePages&layout=lean&nPage=nnn
gets you a lean mode opened directly on a particular page but no way to change page. ( it was a request by some that it should be fixed )

I will investigate how feasible it would be to consider that if there is no page number in the url like
http://<ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home&home=pageUsePages&layout=lean
then I would leave the page change possibility. I need to verify if that flies or not

there is no option to remove the footer

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #507 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:07 am »
that works so in next version , in lean mode, if you do not specify a custom page number, you can navigate accross pages

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2018, 08:32:38 am »
would it be possible to implement some kind of default sorting logic for some tables? Every time I visit the device table I sort by ID and set the filter to ALL.
Also in the workflow view sorting by the name of the workflow in alphabetical order would be most welcome.
I understand that this is something every user will probably want to do differently, so if sorting would remember how the page was sorted the last time and default to that would be rather nice.

Next version will add persistance to sort option so I will remember your last sort choice

Offline pls90

« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2018, 09:05:44 am »
brilliant, thank you!
Any chance to introduce sorting abilities to the workflow page? I have quite a few...