We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue  (Read 12974 times)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:42:26 am »
Thread for reporting issues with ALTUI

feel free to create a new msg thread for your issue so that lengthy discussion can happen if needed.
please be as precise as you can when reporting an issue. at least I would need:
  • - browser type & version
  • - Vera type & version
  • - Javascript console log extract
  • - Ideally a screen shot showing the problem

Console Chrome ( Ctrl + Shift J )
  • Click on the 3 horizontal lines button.
  • Go to More tools
  • Choose JavaScript console

EDIT : I unstick this topic so that we can have one thread per issue.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:16:18 am by amg0 »

Offline dklinkman

Multi State on Custom Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 05:44:16 pm »
I am trying the Multi State control on a custom panel.  I can create it, and set its properties.  But often the 'Variable' property will change on me after I click Save.  But not always.  If I correct the Variable a few times it will usually stick at some point.

In my example I am using the Multi State to arm/disarm a motion sensor.  I set Variable to Armed and set up the other properties.  After saving I look and variable is now Mode Setting and not Armed.  Another time it changed to Version Info.  There are no errors in the debug console as I do this.

Once I get the Variable to stick the Multi State control appears to work perfectly.

Vera3 / Chrome v44 / AltUI v0.64.596

--David
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:47:15 pm by dklinkman »
VeraPlus, UI7, ALTUI on Chrome, Lots of devices and plugins including MQTT and MySensors.  Also playing around with openLuup

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: Multi State on Custom Panel
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 02:40:57 am »
I am trying the Multi State control on a custom panel.  I can create it, and set its properties.  But often the 'Variable' property will change on me after I click Save.  But not always.  If I correct the Variable a few times it will usually stick at some point.

In my example I am using the Multi State to arm/disarm a motion sensor.  I set Variable to Armed and set up the other properties.  After saving I look and variable is now Mode Setting and not Armed.  Another time it changed to Version Info.  There are no errors in the debug console as I do this.

Once I get the Variable to stick the Multi State control appears to work perfectly.

--David

Very strange, I cannot reproduce it. let me know if you find a way to reproduce it easily.
on the other hand, you can go to Misc /  Debug and press the "Javascript code" button.
then type in:  PageManager.getPageFromName("xxxx")  where xxx is the name of your custom page, if you can do this at several time so we see when the button variable is being changed

Offline bucko

Re: ALTUI : Issues
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:40:00 am »
Hmm, new update and now I can't launch DM. No button to go to the DM GUI.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 06:02:31 am »
Hmm, new update and now I can't launch DM. No button to go to the DM GUI.

Can you go into ALTUI device, chec the "Config" variable ? you can click on "view " to see it in a nicer JSON editor. you need to find the entry with "   urn:schemas-cd-jackson-com:device:DataMine:1      "

if not, please erase it, click "default configuration", click "set configuration" and reloap luup + refresh browser and try again.

default should be :
Code: [Select]
{"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PowerMeter:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawPowerMeter","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:SmokeSensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawSmoke","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-a-lurker-com:device:InfoViewer:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawInfoViewer","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:IPhoneLocator:1":{"StyleFunc":"ALTUI_IPhoneLocator.getStyle","DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_IPhoneLocator.drawIPhone","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_iphone.js"},"urn:antor-fr:device:SamsungTVRemote:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawBinaryLight","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawHeater","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-futzle-com:device:CountdownTimer:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawCountDown","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:demo-micasaverde-com:device:weather:1":{"DeviceIconFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawWeatherIcon","DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawWeather","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorLock:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawDoorLock","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawDimmable","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:altui:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_IPhoneLocator.drawAltUI","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_iphone.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawDoorSensor","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:HumiditySensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawHumidity","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:cplus:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_IPhoneLocator.drawCanalplus","ControlPanelFunc":"ALTUI_IPhoneLocator.drawCanaplusControlPanel","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_iphone.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawCamera","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-cd-jackson-com:device:DataMine:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawDataMine","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawCamera","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-futzle-com:device:holidayvirtualswitch:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawVacation","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:RGBController:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawBinaryLight","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1":{"StyleFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.getStyle","DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawBinaryLight","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawMotion","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TemperatureSensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawTempSensor","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PowerMeter:2":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawPowerMeter","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawHeater","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:LightSensor:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawLight","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"},"urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:WindowCovering:1":{"DeviceDrawFunc":"ALTUI_PluginDisplays.drawWindowCover","ScriptFile":"J_ALTUI_plugins.js"}}
EDIT: just tested it on my test box, it shows up fine so , should be a simple config problem I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:12:22 am by amg0 »

Offline dklinkman

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:14 pm »

--David

Very strange, I cannot reproduce it. let me know if you find a way to reproduce it easily.
on the other hand, you can go to Misc /  Debug and press the "Javascript code" button.
then type in:  PageManager.getPageFromName("xxxx")  where xxx is the name of your custom page, if you can do this at several time so we see when the button variable is being changed

I can reproduce this pretty easily.  I drag a Multi State onto the page, then click on it and choose the device, in this case a different motion sensor, then choose Armed as the variable, off action is SetArmed to 0, on action is SetArmed to 1, and nothing in the off label or on label.  Then click Save Changes.  When I click the Multi State again the variable has now been changed to VersionInfo.

I don't know what I am looking for with the Javascript code under Debug but the output does include the incorrect variable also

"properties": {
        "deviceid": "0-162",
        "service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1",
        "variable": "VersionInfo",
        "inverted": false,
        "labels": [
          "",
          ""
        ],

I tried adding a gauge also, using it to display temperature from a thermostat.  Something similar is happening where variable is changing from CurrentTemperature to ModeStateForEnergy.  But after changing that back to CurrentTemperature a few times it finally stuck and now its working.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:44:21 pm by dklinkman »
VeraPlus, UI7, ALTUI on Chrome, Lots of devices and plugins including MQTT and MySensors.  Also playing around with openLuup

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 03:38:01 pm »
Hello amg0, I was out on vacation for a little bit. I came home and installed the latest version .596. I reported that the heat set point on the thermostat didn't display the decimal while the other values did. You had created V 0.63.550 for me to check this.

Here's my original thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=30310.675
Post #686

Please let me know what else to provide to you.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 04:41:01 pm »
Hello amg0, I was out on vacation for a little bit. I came home and installed the latest version .596. I reported that the heat set point on the thermostat didn't display the decimal while the other values did. You had created V 0.63.550 for me to check this.

Here's my original thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=30310.675
Post #686

Tomtcot,
if 569 is not displaying float values , then can you please try this
a) go to ALTUI device setting and press default configuration,  then set configuration,  then reload luup & refresh browser

b) if still not displayed, then go to MISC / Debug , choose "one devices's state" , in the dialog box type the id of the device like 0-21 ( assuming this is a single controller setup ) and please give me the result

thank you

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 05:15:21 pm »

--David

I can reproduce this pretty easily.  I drag a Multi State onto the page, then click on it and choose the device, in this case a different motion sensor, then choose Armed as the variable, off action is SetArmed to 0, on action is SetArmed to 1, and nothing in the off label or on label.  Then click Save Changes.  When I click the Multi State again the variable has now been changed to VersionInfo.

I don't know what I am looking for with the Javascript code under Debug but the output does include the incorrect variable also

"properties": {
        "deviceid": "0-162",
        "service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1",
        "variable": "VersionInfo",
        "inverted": false,
        "labels": [
          "",
          ""
        ],

I tried adding a gauge also, using it to display temperature from a thermostat.  Something similar is happening where variable is changing from CurrentTemperature to ModeStateForEnergy.  But after changing that back to CurrentTemperature a few times it finally stuck and now its working.

Thank you for your patience, I have got it !   I will post a fix
EDIT: in 0.64.600
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:49:36 pm by amg0 »

Offline dklinkman

Custom Pages Alignment Buttons
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »
I think the alignment buttons used when editing the custom page have stopped working.  Drag two devices onto the page, use mouse to select them, click on any of the alignment buttons and nothing happens.  Nothing in the debug console.  I noticed this with the prior version also.

Vera3 / Chrome v44 / AltUI v0.64.600

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: Custom Pages Alignment Buttons
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 06:14:24 pm »
I think the alignment buttons used when editing the custom page have stopped working.  Drag two devices onto the page, use mouse to select them, click on any of the alignment buttons and nothing happens.  Nothing in the debug console.  I noticed this with the prior version also.

ok thx ! fix in v602

Offline dklinkman

Re: Custom Pages Alignment Buttons
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 07:20:01 pm »

ok thx ! fix in v602
And looking good!!

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

Post #686

Tomtcot,
a) go to ALTUI device setting and press default configuration,  then set configuration,  then reload luup & refresh browser

b) if still not displayed, then go to MISC / Debug , choose "one devices's state" , in the dialog box type the id of the device like 0-21 ( assuming this is a single controller setup ) and please give me the result

thank you

The first option did not work. Attached is the output.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 02:15:51 am »

Post #686

Tomtcot,

thank you

Tomtcot, can you please confirm the device_type of this device ?
I think I got it; I saw this here
"NOTE: On UI7, urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat and urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool are obsolete."

you are on UI7 I suppose
can you try this version and let me know the result ? if ok I ll integrate in the release

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »

Post #686

Tomtcot,

thank you

Tomtcot, can you please confirm the device_type of this device ?
I think I got it; I saw this here
"NOTE: On UI7, urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat and urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool are obsolete."

you are on UI7 I suppose
can you try this version and let me know the result ? if ok I ll integrate in the release

Hello amg0, please see the screenshot for the result of the file you sent me.