We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue  (Read 12976 times)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: ALTUI : Issues
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

Hello amg0, please see the screenshot for the result of the file you sent me.

ok thank you, I ll fix the rounding to one decimal in the next release

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »

Understood, thank you very much.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
Re: ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 09:28:29 pm »
Thread for reporting issues with ALTUI

feel free to create a new msg thread for your issue so that lengthy discussion can happen if needed.
please be as precise as you can when reporting an issue. at least I would need:
  • - browser type & version
  • - Vera type & version
  • - Javascript console log extract
  • - Ideally a screen shot showing the problem

EDIT : I unstick this topic so that we can have one thread per issue.

amg0, when you have time, would you mind including common ways to get to the Javascript console log? I frequently forget, I know I can google it but perhaps it will help get you all the info the first time for others. You have awesome knowledge but I do like to be able to get all that you need and try all that I can do before reporting issues to you. It's the least I can do for you.

For Chrome:
1. Click on the 3 horizontal lines button.
2. Go to More tools.
3. Choose JavaScript console.

I actually just solved a problem I had using the console...lol..no need to ask you. ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:41:18 pm by tomtcom »

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »
If I mark a device as a 'favourite' by clicking the * in its titlebar it doesn't seem to persist for long.  Initially it works but that attribute gets lost after a while.

K
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 05:49:37 pm »
If I mark a device as a 'favourite' by clicking the * in its titlebar it doesn't seem to persist for long.  Initially it works but that attribute gets lost after a while.

K

That setting is stored in the HTML local storage of the client device so:
a) it is different on different clients ( phone, PC, tablet )... each peripheral has its own
b) if something clears the local storage, you may lose it but honestly this is unlikely, I ma not aware of things that would clear local storage
c) I ll check if I see a bug

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »

Hi amg0, installed version 612 and lost the device view. Please see the 3 screenshots.

Chrome Version 44.0.2403.130 m
Vera Lite 1.7.649

My apologies, this is for the rounding of the decimals for the heat set point of the thermostat.

****I do recall a little while back you gave me an alternate J_AltUI plugin file that I manually uploaded. I'm not sure if I still have an old one causing this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:08:48 pm by tomtcom »

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 06:26:40 pm »

Hi amg0, installed version 612 and lost the device view. Please see the 3 screenshots.

Vera Lite 1.7.649

My apologies, this is for the rounding of the decimals for the heat set point of the thermostat.

****I do recall a little while back you gave me an alternate J_AltUI plugin file that I manually uploaded. I'm not sure if I still have an old one causing this.

cannot be an old file, it would not have that line of code in it, so it is a genuine bug I think. can you please try this one & let me know ?

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 06:34:50 pm »

K
I found it, should be fixed in next release. Thank you for the report

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

Vera Lite 1.7.649

cannot be an old file, it would not have that line of code in it, so it is a genuine bug I think. can you please try this one & let me know ?

Works now, however I seem to have an extra temperature setting. Screenshot attached.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 06:39:53 pm »

Vera Lite 1.7.649

Works now, however I seem to have an extra temperature setting. Screenshot attached.

yes there are 4 numbers in this order
  • 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1', 'CurrentTemperature' of the device ( when the device has this variable )
  • heating setpoint
  • cooling setpoint
  • auto mode setpoint
these last 3 are in the 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1', 'AllSetpoints' variable and follow this specification : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#TemperatureSetpoint1

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 06:43:03 pm »

Vera Lite 1.7.649

• 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1', 'CurrentTemperature' of the device ( when the device has this variable )
  • heating setpoint
  • cooling setpoint
  • auto mode setpoint
these last 3 are in the 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1', 'AllSetpoints' variable and follow this specification : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#TemperatureSetpoint1
maybe this displays better in 2 lines ?

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 06:51:17 pm »

Vera Lite 1.7.649

• heating setpoint
  • cooling setpoint
  • auto mode setpoint
maybe this displays better in 2 lines ?

I didn't know there was a 4th option 'automode'. I must not have paid attention to it. This is fine. It works now and I understand what it is doing.

Can I change the font size via the theme? I'd prefer smaller font on one line. I don't want you to do everything... :)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 04:32:03 am »

I didn't know there was a 4th option 'automode'. I must not have paid attention to it. This is fine. It works now and I understand what it is doing.
Can I change the font size via the theme? I'd prefer smaller font on one line. I don't want you to do everything... :)

it is displayed in
Code: [Select]
<span class="altui-temperature">--</span>
so any CSS affecting the class .altui-temperature will have an impact on it

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 04:46:02 pm »
Using UI5, the "Temperature format" is set to metric, however the weather widget reports temperature using the somewhat anachronistic and quaint Fahrenheit units. The accuweather URL has a "unit" parameter, which I assume sets the unit type. However the parameter is not set to any value. Hoping that can be resolved.

Other than that, much pleased that my location is now more accurately determined - previously I was getting the weather for a town 1000 km away.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 05:25:46 pm »
Using UI5, the "Temperature format" is set to metric, however the weather widget reports temperature using the somewhat anachronistic and quaint Fahrenheit units. The accuweather URL has a "unit" parameter, which I assume sets the unit type. However the parameter is not set to any value. Hoping that can be resolved.

Other than that, much pleased that my location is now more accurately determined - previously I was getting the weather for a town 1000 km away.
can you go into MISC / DEBUG click on javascript code and type in
MultiBox.getWeatherSettings()what does it give back on your unit ?

I am using this code but it is not clear to me how to force the unit. on my UI5 box, it displays in Celsius whatever I do
var ws = MultiBox.getWeatherSettings();
if (ws.tempFormat==undefined)
ws.tempFormat="f";
var html="";
html ="<div class='altui-weather-widget col-md-6'>";
html +='<a href="//www.accuweather.com/fr/fr/meylan/1097583/weather-forecast/1097583" class="aw-widget-legal">';
html +=('</a><div id="awcc1439296613816" class="aw-widget-current"  data-locationkey="1097583" data-unit="'+ws.tempFormat.toLowerCase()+'" data-language="'+language.substring(0, 2)+'" data-useip="true" data-uid="awcc1439296613816"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="//oap.accuweather.com/launch.js"></script>');
html +="</div>";
$(".altui-mainpanel").append(html);
any idea ?

EDIT: can you please try this version and let me know if this improves it, thx
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:43:59 pm by amg0 »