We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue  (Read 12973 times)

Offline a-lurker

Re: ALTUI : Best Practice on how to report an Issue
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2015, 06:00:25 pm »
Before and after uploading the new  "J_ALTUI_uimgr.js"  running MultiBox.getWeatherSettings() in the debug window produced this:

Code: [Select]
{
  "tempFormat": "",
  "weatherCountry": "",
  "weatherCity": ""
}

I suspect that the debug result is not representative of what's going on, as using the new   "J_ALTUI_uimgr.js"  file, now results in the temperature being shown in Centigrade. 8)

Can I please suggest this change?
if (ws.tempFormat==undefined)
   ws.tempFormat="c";

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2015, 06:04:42 pm »
Before and after uploading the new  "J_ALTUI_uimgr.js"  running MultiBox.getWeatherSettings() in the debug window produced this:

{
  "tempFormat": "",
  "weatherCountry": "",
  "weatherCity": ""
}

I suspect that the debug result is not representative of what's going on, as using the new   "J_ALTUI_uimgr.js"  file, now results in the temperature being shown in Centigrade. 8)

Can I please suggest this change?
if (ws.tempFormat==undefined)
   ws.tempFormat="c";
Yes that's essentially what the new uimgr does. I ll include in next version.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 05:49:54 pm »
After testing a little while longer for the new thermostat buttons I click the arrow up to change temps. The box turns green indicating success. However there is no change on the temperature set points.

There is no java console output. However, a second button push of the up arrow caused my third party Imperihome app to have no temperature for cool, then revert back to the originally set set point.

I have also witnessed pressing the button several times will cause the temperature to change in increments of tenths. While the temperature can display decimal readouts, there is no functionality in Vera to make the temperature 72.4 as an example. So perhaps whole number increments is best or .5 increments only. It might vary between thermostats.

I'm already on .537.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 04:08:13 am »
After testing a little while longer for the new thermostat buttons I click the arrow up to change temps. The box turns green indicating success. However there is no change on the temperature set points.

There is no java console output. However, a second button push of the up arrow caused my third party Imperihome app to have no temperature for cool, then revert back to the originally set set point.

I have also witnessed pressing the button several times will cause the temperature to change in increments of tenths. While the temperature can display decimal readouts, there is no functionality in Vera to make the temperature 72.4 as an example. So perhaps whole number increments is best or .5 increments only. It might vary between thermostats.

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

on UI7 , the VERA doc says that teh action "SetCurrentSetpoint" sets the setpoint for the current mode. so I suspect you may need to try this in various mode and not in OFF mode.
can you test without ALTUI, just by using this URL and see if it works or not

http://<ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=<devnum>&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrentSetpoint=<value>

let me know the results/effects.

I ll change increment to be +/-1

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

on UI7 , the VERA doc says that teh action "SetCurrentSetpoint" sets the setpoint for the current mode. so I suspect you may need to try this in various mode and not in OFF mode.

http://<ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=<devnum>&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrentSetpoint=<value>

That URL worked perfectly. Both AltUI and Vera changed exactly as intended.

{ "u:SetCurrentSetpointResponse": { "JobID": "5818" } }

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 05:58:05 pm »

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

ok if that url worked perfectly , can you confirm if pressing the dashboard up/down button on ALTUI HVAC dashboard display does not work ?

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 06:02:27 pm »

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

ok if that url worked perfectly , can you confirm if pressing the dashboard up/down button on ALTUI HVAC dashboard display does not work ?

I'm on Cool Auto.

Pressed up, box goes green and no change in AltUI and no change in Vera.
Pressed down, Altui goes to 72 from 73 but in Vera temperature goes to 72.9.
Within a few seconds, maybe 15 or 20 seconds, both Altui and Vera go back to the original 73 cool setting.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:26 pm »

Altui now returned to 72.9 and so did Vera. Let me load your update you just posted.

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

I'm on Cool Auto.

Within a few seconds, maybe 15 or 20 seconds, both Altui and Vera go back to the original 73 cool setting.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2015, 06:13:18 pm »

Altui now returned to 72.9 and so did Vera. Let me load your update you just posted.

I'm already on .537.
tomtcot

I'm on Cool Auto.

Think it's fixed now. I was caught on the decimal and used Imperihome to adjust it. Then once back to a whole number I checked it from Altui and it seems to work perfect now and corresponds to Vera as well. Thank you!

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »
Problem trying to update Lua Startup code (on a system with only one Vera):

Lua Startup can only be modified on controller 0

AltUI v0.67.642
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »

AltUI v0.67.642

yes , I limited it By 'Design' because I could not garantee it to work.  Lua startup code can be very long and the http request must follow an indirect path to get to the secondary vera:  altui => main vera => secondary vera  but the first step altui => main vera can only be a HTTP GET request to the http handler ( no POST support ) and that is , by nature , limited in size ( http GET request implies parameters are on the url )

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »
Sorry, I think I didn't explain it right.  It doesn't even work on the primary Vera.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 06:17:31 pm »

AltUI v0.67.642

yes , I limited it By 'Design' because I could not garantee it to work.  Lua startup code can be very long and the http request must follow an indirect path to get to the secondary vera:  altui => main vera => secondary vera  but the first step altui => main vera can only be a HTTP GET request to the http handler ( no POST support ) and that is , by nature , limited in size ( http GET request implies parameters are on the url )

Sorry, I think I didn't explain it right.  It doesn't even work on the primary Vera.

oups, I replied too fast. I would need to see the lua code you want to pass in. are you sure is it valid ? is it really long ?  does it include special characters ?

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 06:25:39 pm »
No, it's just two lines.

require "RBLuaTest"
-----

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »
No, it's just two lines.

require "RBLuaTest"
-----

against a UI5 box ? or UI7 ?
I just tried the same on a UI5 box and it succeeded.
can you use the browser debugger and capture the request/response of the HAG call triggered by ALTUI ?

url is like : http://192.168.1.5/port_49451/upnp/control/hag

the header should look like
POST /port_49451/upnp/control/hag HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.5
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 604
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Origin: http://192.168.1.5
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.155 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
Accept: text/plain, */*; q=0.01
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-micasaverde-org:service:HomeAutomationGateway:1#ModifyUserData"
Referer: http://192.168.1.5/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: fr,fr-FR;q=0.8,en;q=0.6,en-US;q=0.4
Cookie: _ga=GA1.1.1833328396.1439321286

the request payload should look like
<s:Envelope xmlns:s='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' s:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>   <s:Body>      <u:ModifyUserData xmlns:u='urn:schemas-micasaverde-org:service:HomeAutomationGateway:1'>         <inUserData>{&quot;devices&quot;:{},&quot;scenes&quot;:{},&quot;sections&quot;:{},&quot;rooms&quot;:{},&quot;InstalledPlugins&quot;:[],&quot;PluginSettings&quot;:[],&quot;users&quot;:{},&quot;StartupCode&quot;:&quot;require \&quot;RBLuaTest\&quot;\n-----&quot;} </inUserData>         <DataFormat>json</DataFormat>      </u:ModifyUserData>   </s:Body></s:Envelope>