We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Log reports in UI7  (Read 1602 times)

Offline BigE-TX

• Sr. Newbie
Log reports in UI7
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:59:20 pm »
When pulling down log entries in Vera, they come up as -for example:

Date   Time   Event
8-9   13:18   First to open (User 1 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Tamper (Zone 18 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Tamper (Zone 7 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Tamper (Zone 6 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Tamper (Zone 10 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Tamper (Zone 9 Partition 1)
8-9   8:31   Closing (User 99 Partition 1)
8-9   5:34   First to open (User 1 Partition 1)
8-8   23:27   Bypass restore (Zone 18 Partition 1)
8-8   23:27   Bypass restore (Zone 10 Partition 1)[/size]

despite having entered zone names and user names in Vera the information reported is rather crytic.  Is there a way to get the logs to output with that information or is it simply pulling data from the Caddx panel?  I also put the information in my panel; however my NX124e led keypad is unable to make use of it.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Log reports in UI7
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »
Is there a way to get the logs to output with that information or is it simply pulling data from the Caddx panel?

The event log is pretty low-tech.  It's an experimental feature that hit some hurdles which I can't overcome by reverse-engineering.  For instance, there's evidence that the event log isn't even right; on my panel it reports events that couldn't possibly be true. My conclusion is that different Caddx panel firmwares have different and incompatible event codes.

Because of its experimental status, the plugin doesn't look up names of partitions, users or zones.  It would have been a lot of extra work to make the log do this because the information isn't available to the JavaScript that is displaying the log; I would have had to add extra JavaScript <-> Luup functions to do that.

I also put the information in my panel; however my NX124e led keypad is unable to make use of it.

Well, no.  How could it?  That keypad has just buttons and LEDs.  You'd need a keypad with an alphanumeric display (which I am told does work, though I haven't got one).

Offline BigE-TX

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »
Apologies, poor choice of words.  I added the information [naming zones and users] in the alarm control panel, as well as manually cut'n'paste into Vera setup.   It pulls correctly when retrieving logs with my NX586, but wasn't sure if the issue was it not working in Vera due to the keypad type I have being LED display only or some other reason.  Thanks.  Other than some issues with the serial to wifi device losing connectivity periodically and messing with scenes tied to alarm PIRs, I have been very happy with this app and your support with my questions.  Many thanks.

My next plan is to add a secondary cabinet with UPS backup for the panel -to supplement the battery backup- including a zwave power switch for the serial to wifi running to my NX584e card.  Hopefully, I can use the ip ping app to periodically look for a problem and simply reboot the power to the wifi device w/o having to run to the panel and cut power to it.  I am actually hoping just being on battery backup helps to stabilize the unit. 

How or are you having to deal with the notifications UI7 sends out due to the panel showing armed in Vera [seem to recall you are still on UI5]?  I finally just disabled Vera's notifications and have been pondering using Richard's Veraalerts, but am presently overwhelmed with other things at the moment.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:26:44 pm »
I added the information [naming zones and users] in the alarm control panel

Ah, this is something that appears to be unique to your model of panel.  There is no such thing in a stock-standard NX-4 or NX-8: the zone names live on an LCD keypad and not on the main panel.  The NX-584 serial protocol knows only how to get the zone names off an LCD keypad, which you don't have.  And the serial protocol can't get user names at all.  So, I think the answer to your original question is: yes, Vera doesn't learn the names because you have a LED keypad.

How or are you having to deal with the notifications UI7 sends out due to the panel showing armed in Vera [seem to recall you are still on UI5]?  I finally just disabled Vera's notifications and have been pondering using Richard's Veraalerts, but am presently overwhelmed with other things at the moment.

Oh, I'm on UI7 and enjoying it as much as everyone else.  The only way to get Vera notifications to co-exist with armed sensors is to hobble the plugin so that the Vera arm/bypass setting isn't passed on to the panel.  See this post in this thread for what changed.