We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Quick Foscam question...UI4  (Read 727 times)

Offline rlmalisz

Quick Foscam question...UI4
« on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:10 am »
Yes, I'm still stuck back in the dark ages.  Bought Homeware yesterday, got it set up on the iPad in 30 minutes.  Will try the phone when I get home from work today.  Everything works great, even though I know UI4 is not officially tested/supported, with one exception.  We have a Foscam that works fine with the UI4 console, and works okay with Square Connect (which we are finally giving up on).  Our V2 is using a hand-customized I/D file to talk to the camera, and I suspect that is why I see nothing in HW when I tap on the control--I get the preset buttons, pan/tilt buttons, but no image.

Looking back through camera discussions here, it's clear this has worked well for others forever.  Should I just be using the UI4 Generic IP Camera plugin?

--Richard

Offline rlmalisz

Re: Quick Foscam question...UI4
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:50:21 pm »
Moot point...I went ahead and "upgraded" the V2 to UI5, and I get camera streaming on the Homewave device screens just fine.  Now need to battle past the UI5 config to get a proper PTZ fileset used for the camera.  I can't delete it and reinstall it (yet).  But we're over this hump.

Lovely app.

--Richard