We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: V2.0 available in the App Store  (Read 9561 times)

Offline DeltaNu1142

V2.0 available in the App Store
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 08:17:35 am »
Any comment on the "small indicator" issue for dimmer controls?
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
Re: V2.0 available in the App Store
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 08:21:31 am »
Hi,

Great work on the Homewave app, I really like it. Only app I ever bought  ;D
Just 1 missing feature is keeping me from mounting my iPad to the wall. I own lots of Hikvision camera's, for which I use a Synology to record. Frankly, the Vera's options are just to limited. (I don't want poststamp sized jpg's, I want a solid 25fps 1080p stream). Also, I don't want to burden the Synology, nor the Vera with live feed's, when my camera's are the direct source.

If the Homewave app could support RTSP stream's nearly every camera could be added, in beautiful quality. This would make my (and i'm sure many other's) day!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:23:39 am by knuppel »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:51 am »
Direct streaming from local cameras is currently being looked into, but there are some tricky bits to figure out.

MJPEG streaming shouldn't be much of an issue, but all RTSP libraries for iOS I have found are either proprietary (and expensive) ones, or licensed under the LGPL which precludes distribution through Apple's App store.  It's a legal technicality that may not even be intentional on part of the authors of the license, but almost all experts agree that the restriction does apply. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:02:47 am by intveltr »
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 08:32:59 am »

I think the small indicator (looks like a rectangular LED, like in  the on/off switches) will show up when you change the "Off" color from transparent to something else.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 08:35:47 am »
@intveltr - Might it be easy to add a "Refresh" field to the html control that we can set to the number of seconds to automatically refresh the web page while the control is displayed (if it is not set to zero)?

That way we could put a "1" in the field and it could refresh a camera snapshot every second directly from the camera. Thanks !

Sounds sensible, I'll add that

Offline intveltr

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 08:36:27 am »
Can't seem to get the 'Reset Control Dimensions' Button to work though. Not sure if its just me but was working fine last version.

Looks like it's broken.  I'll look into it.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 08:41:11 am »
I noticed that in the Weather control the info displayed isn't sync with that displayed in the UI7 interface, in particular the icon relative at the weather and the temperature .

Vera does not report weather conditions to HomeWave.  The app gets weather info from OpenWeathermaps.org (including the icons).  If the values are really off, check the weather control properties.  The location (city) will have been copied from your Vera, but it may be necessary to add your country code to the location (separated by a comma)

Offline d55m14

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 09:57:54 am »
I noticed that in the Weather control the info displayed isn't sync with that displayed in the UI7 interface, in particular the icon relative at the weather and the temperature .

Vera does not report weather conditions to HomeWave.  The app gets weather info from OpenWeathermaps.org (including the icons).  If the values are really off, check the weather control properties.  The location (city) will have been copied from your Vera, but it may be necessary to add your country code to the location (separated by a comma)

ok tnks

Offline Gr8hifi

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »
Update fixed my connectivity issues with Vera Edge.  Thanks for making this spouse-friendly again!

Offline amby

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 12:21:46 pm »
I have a problem with the widgets in the v2.0 and with IOS 9 Beta 3. I can define the controls in the widget, but nothing happens when I press the buttons. They work in HomeWave however.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 02:29:15 pm »
I think the small indicator (looks like a rectangular LED, like in  the on/off switches) will show up when you change the "Off" color from transparent to something else.
If I change the OFF color to red, the small indicator shows up as red... whether the lights are ON or OFF. I've tried every dim level up to 100%, and the small indicator is still red. This is with an ON color of green.

One difference I see in the control properties between dimmers and relay switches is that with switches, there's a "Draw ring when on" as well as a "Draw ring when off."

In the attachment, "Kitchen Lights" is a dimmer, and "Cabinet Lights" is a switch. Kitchen lights are 100% on. "Kitchen Lights" has green color when on, red color when off. "Cabinet Lights" has green color when on, transparent when off.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:42 pm »
Quick thing:
How do i do that via the "url-function"
Code: [Select]
curl --user foo:bar --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary '
 "id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addon
d": "script.securitycam" } }' 'http://172.16.67.25:8080/jsonrpc' > /dev/null
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 06:25:19 am »
Direct streaming from local cameras is currently being looked into, but there are some tricky bits to figure out.

MJPEG streaming shouldn't be much of an issue, but all RTSP libraries for iOS I have found are either proprietary (and expensive) ones, or licensed under the LGPL which precludes distribution through Apple's App store.  It's a legal technicality that may not even be intentional on part of the authors of the license, but almost all experts agree that the restriction does apply.
For me this would be a dealbreaker since with MJPEG there's only limited resolution.
Release as in-app purchase maybe?  ???

Offline intveltr

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 06:35:32 am »
Yeah, MJPEG isn't that great.  I'll keep hunting around for an RTSP library (the main thing missing is the video decoding library) under a usable license (Apache, MIT, or LGPL with a relinking waiver).  Commercial 3rd party libraries start at about $400.  An in-app purchase option might recover that money, however adding in-app purchasing takes away a lot of the "shop window appeal" of the app so I am very hesitant to do that.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:57 am »
Yeah, MJPEG isn't that great.  I'll keep hunting around for an RTSP library (the main thing missing is the video decoding library) under a usable license (Apache, MIT, or LGPL with a relinking waiver).  Commercial 3rd party libraries start at about $400.  An in-app purchase option might recover that money, however adding in-app purchasing takes away a lot of the "shop window appeal" of the app so I am very hesitant to do that.

I'm following along on these ideas and also willing for in app purchase for RTSP. MJPEG would atleast be better then nothing for now.