Author Topic: Aeon HEM Gen1 basic reading and logging  (Read 1363 times)

Offline goltoof

• Sr. Newbie
Aeon HEM Gen1 basic reading and logging
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »
I installed an Aeon HEM G1 to the mains in the breaker.  There are only two clamps with this unit.  After pairing it create three devices called "HEM A", "HEM B", "HEM C".   I'm confused about what each device is showing me.
HEM A: Watts: 627 KWH: 618.2320
HEM B: Watts: 3132 KWH: 352.9130
HEM C: Watts: 2599 KWH: 255.2760

What exactly am I seeing?  How do I calculate the total energy consumption based on this?

I'd also like to setup logging and imagine there is a preferred plugin for this.  Storing it all on a USB device should do for now.  I imagine logging is important to see reports on overall energy usage?  How about synchronizing the KWH used with what my power company is charging?

Also does it matter which clamp is connected to which main or how far apart the clamps are to one another? 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:51:44 pm by goltoof »

Offline badams

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Aeon HEM Gen1 basic reading and logging
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:11 am »
Your electrical company supplies 2x120v phases to your house to get a combined of 240v.
One clamp measures one of these phases, the other clamp measures the other phase.
The 3 devices you see in Vera are one for each phase, and a total. (Phase 1, Phase 2, and Total = Combined of 1 and 2)

Each has a configurable refresh rate as well, personally I used a 10 second refresh on the total, and a 60 second refresh on each phase.
Im not sure about logging, I only installed mine on the weekend and haven't quite got that far yet

Offline johnes

Re: Aeon HEM Gen1 basic reading and logging
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:29:20 am »
Your electrical company supplies 2x120v phases to your house to get a combined of 240v.
One clamp measures one of these phases, the other clamp measures the other phase.
The 3 devices you see in Vera are one for each phase, and a total. (Phase 1, Phase 2, and Total = Combined of 1 and 2)

Each has a configurable refresh rate as well, personally I used a 10 second refresh on the total, and a 60 second refresh on each phase.
Im not sure about logging, I only installed mine on the weekend and haven't quite got that far yet

Out of curiosity... why do you even bother with the refresh on each phase?  Wouldn't just looking at the total be enough?