We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro FGD-212 on VeraEdge  (Read 18123 times)

Offline matsbp

Fibaro FGD-212 on VeraEdge
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:19 am »
Hi

I'm new to home automation, and have a bit of trouble setting up my new system on my VeraEdge running on the latest firmware (1.7.1320).

I have (to start with) about twenty Fibaro FGD-212 dimmers in my system, some Multisensors from Aeotec (the new Multuisensor 6), and a couple of Octan remote controls from Nodon. All z-wave+ devices.

My first problem is with the Fibaro dimmers. When I include them into the system there is automaticly added two extra devices - "_Dimmable Light [X]" and "_Dimmable Light [X+1]" for every dimmer included in the system. These can not be deleted and is very very anoying in the UI. Anyoune know how to get rid of these?

The next problem with the Fibaros is the "Can't detect device" issue. I have it on almost every dimmer. In spite of this, the dimmers are working, but the system is very slow. Scenes including a lot of devices takes up to 30-40 seconds before every action is run through. Is this normal? Is this related to the "Can't detect device issue"? Any tips to get this working properly?

I also have trouble with the sensorors and the remotes, but I think i'll leave that to another thread.

.M

Offline alpha1

Re: Fibaro FGD-212 on VeraEdge
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:30:07 am »
A few posts up, someone posted this regarding the Fibaro Dimmer 2's

Maybe you can try this workaround for the "can't detect device" issue:

If you have a device that functions fine, and yet reports "Can't detect device", the following may work for you;

1) Change the variable CommFailure from "-1" to "0" (click outside the box to save)
2) Clear the variable LastCommFailure (going from memory here; it is right next to the CommFailure) field (click outside the box)
3) Go to the device settings, and change the "Automatically configure" to "no"

Once the "error" has cleared, step 3 (I think) keeps it cleared.

I am also interested about the 2 additional Dimmers which are added to Vera for the 1 Dimming module...

Anyone else have this issue?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:05:23 am »
Hi,

On a Fibaro switch FIBEFGS-212 I have the same thing. The main device and two extra that just duplicate its function. It happens both on UI5 and UI7 for that type of switch.

You can hide them by entering this in the test LUA window.
Code: [Select]
luup.attr_set("invisible","1",[device id]) To unhide;
luup.attr_set("invisible","",[device id]) .

On UI7 you need to do this only once. On Ui5 you would have to put the command to hide in the start up LUA or they will reappear after a LUUP reload.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline alpha1

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:22 pm »
Hi,

On a Fibaro switch FIBEFGS-212 I have the same thing. The main device and two extra that just duplicate its function. It happens both on UI5 and UI7 for that type of switch.

You can hide them by entering this in the test LUA window.
luup.attr_set("invisible","1",[device id]) To unhide;
luup.attr_set("invisible","",[device id]) .

On UI7 you need to do this only once. On Ui5 you would have to put the command to hide in the start up LUA or they will reappear after a LUUP reload.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene,

But i cant find the test LUA window

Do you mind helping me out?
Thanks
N

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 05:14:00 am »
Not a problem.

Go to Apps, Develop Apps, Test Luup Code.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline alpha1

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:49:40 am »
Rene, you star...

Thanks for your help!

Offline matsbp

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »
Thanks Rene, now I've got rid of the "Can't detect device" meassage, and the dummy-dimmers.

Great, but my system is still really slow. Is this normal?

.M

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:42 am »
Hi M,

Well, I would not say they are breaking any speed records soon, but what do you see as slow?

Is it the user interface in the browser or how quickly a light switched after clicking the button? The latter should be in the 1-3 seconds normally is my experience unless there is an issue with one or more Z-Wave devices that keep your Vera busy. Finding the culprit can be cumbersome exercise. You need to look at the log files and do some trial and error.

Cheers Rene

Offline matsbp

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:36:59 am »
It's not the UI that is slow - it's the actual light switching that is.

I tried one random test right now just to check the time for one of my units. I was using the veru UI7 web-interface - Devices section - dragging the device from 0% to 30%. It then took about 19 seconds from I released the slider in the UI until the light went on. The dimmer is a Fibaro Dimmer 2, approx 10 meters from the VeraEdge - no walls in between. The VeraEdge and my computer is both connected via ethernet cable, so it's no wireless delay or something.

I think this is quite slow.

It's even slower when i run scenes. A scene including 8-10 devices (all fibaro dimmer 2's) can take over a minute to execute.

I think I read something about opimizing the mesh somewhere. But I can't find it in the UI7. I suppose "Relode engine" under z-wave settings is not it?

Regards .M

Offline trafex

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 09:00:05 am »
Just open a support ticket with Vera. They can login to your system to find out what's causing the delays.
I had (sort of) the same issue, they did a firmware upgrade of the zwave module and that fixed it for me.

Offline West3rs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 06:32:50 pm »
Hi Rene - same issue, and using your "hide" code (edge, UI7), - I get "code failed" - any ideas?

Cheers, Pat
UK Edge UI7 / 1.7.1598, Mostly Aeotec devices, PLEG for scenes

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 03:37:17 am »
Hi Rene - same issue, and using your "hide" code (edge, UI7), - I get "code failed" - any ideas?

Cheers, Pat
Hi Pat,
Have you used the correct device id numbers? You can find them in the Advanced tab of the device9s) you want to hide.

Cheers Rene

Offline West3rs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 07:19:23 am »
Perfect Rene! I think I left the [] brackets on the first time! :)

Cheers, Pat
UK Edge UI7 / 1.7.1598, Mostly Aeotec devices, PLEG for scenes

Offline albert82

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 06:02:44 am »
Hello everybody... i'm a new user and havein the same issue, solved with lua code as you wrote, the 2 extra devices are still in my veramate app, so i just hidden them. but why there's this issue, why vera edge create 2 exta device?

Offline xgutterratx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »
Im not concerned with the extra devices that are created its more the functionality.

Im just finding that im getting slow feedback and slow action from the fibaro dimmer2, ie i will turn the light on and the ui will say it's off.
I will go to turn a light off and it will take up to 10 seconds.

I did not notice this issue with the older fibaro dimmers.

Is any body else experiencing this and have a fix for the problem.

Regards