We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to see what lights I have manually turned on  (Read 5635 times)

Offline erkme73

Re: How to see what lights I have manually turned on
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:00 am »
Support just replied to my initial request for help.  Here's their response:

I have checked your unit and from the logs I?ve noticed that your devices were reporting the energy consumption too often to the Vera unit. This caused the unit to act slow and also this is the main reason why the status of your devices was not updated on the UI and the PLEG scripts failed to start.

I was needed to make some changes on your devices to report the energy consumption to the Vera less frequently, at every 60 seconds. For this I?ve added the parameter 111 with the data size 4byte dec and value 60 to all your smart switches.

Could you please test your devices and let me know if you are still having the same issue?

Regarding the healing feature, you should know that we have implemented a new firmware update for the z-wave chip, which was provided by Sigma http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/about_z-wave

This new firmware does not need the heal anymore because it creates the route/ or updates it automatically, upon inclusion of removal of a device. Also, It?s still doing it?s background route updating on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, that didn't solve my issue with the reporting.  I'm still seeing the same smart dimmers/switches showing off (yet, the wattage is correctly displayed as though they're on).   I've asked that they give me a phone call.  Something are better discussed than emailed.

Offline erkme73

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »
I finally landed my support call this afternoon.  The guy I'm working with asked that I place my VL back next to the VE, and he's going to transfer everything again.  He's been working on it since 1P (2.5 hours so far) and calls me at various intervals.  Already I can tell he's undone all of the changes I've made to some of my scripts.

I asked him about the latest driver, and he claims they tested it extensively and found no negative issues.  I was not forceful in demanding we go back to an older version, but perhaps I should? 

@richardtschaefer - Is there anything specific that I can research or cite when talking to these guys that will give me some credibility as to why I'm asking for the older version?  I searched for zwave drivers in the forums and found nothing recent that would explain the problem.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »
I finally landed my support call this afternoon.  The guy I'm working with asked that I place my VL back next to the VE, and he's going to transfer everything again.  He's been working on it since 1P (2.5 hours so far) and calls me at various intervals.  Already I can tell he's undone all of the changes I've made to some of my scripts.

I asked him about the latest driver, and he claims they tested it extensively and found no negative issues.  I was not forceful in demanding we go back to an older version, but perhaps I should? 

@richardtschaefer - Is there anything specific that I can research or cite when talking to these guys that will give me some credibility as to why I'm asking for the older version?  I searched for zwave drivers in the forums and found nothing recent that would explain the problem.

If he fixes your problem it shouldn't matter what version your on. I have 3 veras and one i reverted the other 2 are ok. The one I went back on had problems with the red house saying device disconnected.

If works on the latest let it be if it doesn't revert.

Offline erkme73

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »
Ultimately you are correct.  I don't want to fix something that's not broken.  But, if it's not working after all the 'work' support has done today, I'll need a plan B.   For now, Johnathan at support said I should let it run overnight and let it figure out all the correct routing. 

I asked if there was no way to manually initiate a repair/heal operation - he said, "no, not in the latest firmware".   I asked him if that changed with the latest update on the 15th, and he confirmed.

So, figures that right about the time I jump to the VE, all the previous ways of fixing things go away. 

As of right now, ALL devices controlled by the HA07's take 20+ seconds to respond.   Definitely walking the wrong direction.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 07:38:45 pm »
This is the thread which has many reported problems/issues with the latest firmware:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33201.0.html

Routing and devices falling off or showing in a bad state are frequent complains.
If the routes are bad unfortunately polling is going to be greatly delayed.

Offline erkme73

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 09:53:45 pm »
Wow, SE.  I can never seem to find relevant threads when I search for anything here.  Tons of year+ old stuff, with the right words, but way off on content.

I would have responded sooner, but I literally read all 13 pages in that thread.   I realize people who are happy aren't nearly as vocal as those with issues - so naturally the thread will be top heavy with complaints.  But, my God.   

I feel like a fool for waiting so long for support to work on my system, when it turns out I really should just roll back as Richard had suggested.  I just didn't know how.  With the links in that thread, I have the ammunition I need to attempt the rollback.  I will give the 'self healing' nature of the latest version a couple (or three) 24-hour intervals to work their magic.  If thing don't improve (or get worse), I'll be heading for those links.

BTW - since they were in my system today, all the device reporting works again.  Within 2-3 seconds of switching a device, the dashboard report the correct status.  That is progress... for now...

Thanks to all..

Offline erkme73

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 10:00:07 pm »
And just adding this link to the current and previous firmware files for anyone else as search-challenged as I am:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32278.0.html

Offline olsby

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 09:24:15 pm »
+1 Though the Linear's don't support instant status, manually switching has always refreshed the status in UI7 within a few seconds. All that changed in the last few weeks. Updates are taking _many_ minutes.

I'm running v. 1.7.1320 on Edge

Offline erkme73

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37:27 pm »
Agreed.  Same with my Leviton VRF01s.  They updated virtually instantly on my Lite.  But even now with the Edge - which is multiples faster that my VL was - the VRF01's only seem to update by polling, not instant status.   My suspicion is that when the latest z-wave drivers were implemented in 7.0.10/1320, and the 'heal network' option was replaced, something happened with how Vera parses the instant status form certain devices.  My Aeon Lab mini dimmers/switches and my Kwikset deadbolt/lever locks all update instantly.  But the Leviton and Jasco device no more.  Quite frustrating.  It's like buying a car with keyless entry, only to have the auto manufacturer push an update which removes the capability to lock the doors or pop the trunk with the key fob.