Author Topic: Hostmann ThermoPlus AS2 RF setup  (Read 17504 times)

guest5516

Re: Hostmann ThermoPlus AS2 RF setup
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »
You have a description of this device and how to get it paired with Vera in this topic:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=1632.msg26366#msg26366

Offline fear_gall

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 04:39:06 pm »
I bought this horstmann product and spent a few hours setting it up today, here is what I learned if if is any help.
I had it set up as a normal (non vera connected controller) to begin with.

1) disassociate the AS2 from the ASR ( press blue and grey buttons on the AS2 to enter installer mode, press and hold Minus (-) button until "sub" appears on the screen, then press the 2 white buttons on th ASR until led light on it turns from green to blinking red to indicate disassociation.
2)Pair the ASR to Vera by bringing vera within pairing range and putting it into pair mode by pressing the z wave button on the back. then press the 2 white buttons on the ASR. It should then show up as a thermostat in the home screen  on vera.
3)Now pair the AS2 to vera by entering installer mode by pressing the blue and grey button simultaneously, jumper the j8 contact on the back of the AS2 unit, press the warm/cool button until the work net appears on the screen. press the pair button on the back of vera and it should pair up and show up as a scene controller on the home screen.

4)I then changed the setting in the scene controller advanced tab from controlled via "z wave" to controlled via "no parent / please select".

5) finally I  paired the AS2 to the ASR again by entering installer mode by pressing the blue and grey buttons on the AS2 simultaneously, pressed th add (+) button until the word "add" showed up on the screen, then I brought it close to the ASR and pressed th two white buttons simultaneously.

Now I can control the heat /boiler via vera and also via the AS2 remote controller.
Let me know how you get on if you try it out........

Offline evilmango

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:51 am »
Just got my AS2-RF set up with my boiler.

After a bit of faffing it seems to be working, although strangely I seem to have two scene controllers.

One thing I'm wondering about - when turning on the heating from vera, is that taking notice of what temperature the AS2 is currently reading? Also, is there anyway to see what the thermostat believes the current temperature to be?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:01:33 am by evilmango »

Offline decoris

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:16 am »
I bought this horstmann product and spent a few hours setting it up today, here is what I learned if if is any help.
I had it set up as a normal (non vera connected controller) to begin with.

1) disassociate the AS2 from the ASR ( press blue and grey buttons on the AS2 to enter installer mode, press and hold Minus (-) button until "sub" appears on the screen, then press the 2 white buttons on th ASR until led light on it turns from green to blinking red to indicate disassociation.
2)Pair the ASR to Vera by bringing vera within pairing range and putting it into pair mode by pressing the z wave button on the back. then press the 2 white buttons on the ASR. It should then show up as a thermostat in the home screen  on vera.
3)Now pair the AS2 to vera by entering installer mode by pressing the blue and grey button simultaneously, jumper the j8 contact on the back of the AS2 unit, press the warm/cool button until the work net appears on the screen. press the pair button on the back of vera and it should pair up and show up as a scene controller on the home screen.

4)I then changed the setting in the scene controller advanced tab from controlled via "z wave" to controlled via "no parent / please select".

5) finally I  paired the AS2 to the ASR again by entering installer mode by pressing the blue and grey buttons on the AS2 simultaneously, pressed th add (+) button until the word "add" showed up on the screen, then I brought it close to the ASR and pressed th two white buttons simultaneously.

Now I can control the heat /boiler via vera and also via the AS2 remote controller.
Let me know how you get on if you try it out........

that's great! do you confirm it works as expected:

regular program set up on the thermostat, that can be altered by Vera? how is it working if the thermostat is set to "warm" from 5 to 10pm and that Vera sends a "cool" instruction at 7pm?

Offline decoris

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 06:18:08 am »
hello,

can you confirm that although lot supported, this thermostat works fine with Vera ?

thanks!

eric

Offline markbawden

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 07:31:35 am »
If you're after a european thermostat, take a look at my posts here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4575.0

The guy from Horstmann told me on the phone, that this was the one to go for rather than the AS2, and it would have much better functionality in a zwave set up like Vera ie report temp, allow setpoint change over network, (shame it's not working yet), but micasaverde have emailed me to same it should/might, (not fantastically reassuring i know), work after the next firmware update, (yes, i know coming in the next few days - for the last few months!).

Offline samlw

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »
I know this is an old topic but I have just fallen into the trap of purchasing a Horstman AS2-RF kit (with ASR) thinking it would offer full z-wave integration - it doesnt.

I have a Vera 3 and following the instructions I can pair the ASR with the Vera 3 using the instructions a few posts back, I can then use the instructions to jumper jp8 press cool/warm and pair with the vera - this shows up as a scene controller which is virtually useless anyway it seems.

Once the AS2 is paired with Vera the instructions would not work to pair it with the ASR - the only way was to remove the AS2 from vera and jumper JP8, press cool/warm until net appeared then press the two white buttons on the ASR - that way the ASR shows up in vera (you can control heat or off) and the AS2 controls the ASR as intended.

Even when the AS2 is paired with vera its useless - you get no information and cannot do anything with it so it's no loss to remove it!

Anyone else had any more luck with this setup than me?

Hacked off that Horstmann have not completed the implementation after almost 3 years!

Sam

Offline 03RAM

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 06:09:01 am »
Hi all,

I had two broken AS2-RF transmitters and had issues pairing the replacements ones I bought with the old receivers (ASR). Manuals are not very helpful and there was almost no information on it online. After a lot of trouble shooting and reading this thread (special thanks to fear_gall!!) I've now finally figured it out and just wanted to share in case anyone else has similar issues.

1) The trick was to first disassociate the old ASR. Though this is meant to be done between two associated parts, I used the new AS2-RF to disassociate the old ASR: press blue and grey buttons on the AS2 to enter installer mode, press and hold Minus (-) button until "sub" appears on the screen, then press the 2 white buttons on the ASR until led light on it turns to blinking red to indicate disassociation

2) Then pair the new AS2-RF to the ASR: enter installer mode (pressing the blue and grey buttons on the AS2 simultaneously), then pressed the Add (+) button until the word "add" shows up on the display. Then bring the AS2 close to the ASR and press the two white buttons simultaneously. The led light should now either show solid red or solid green depending on whether the AS2 is signalling it to heat or not.

Its ridiculously simple and I am pretty pissed off that Horstmann manuals / installation guides do not mention this.

Anywho. I hope this helps anyone who has similar issues!

Cheers
Isabel