Author Topic: aeon labs energy monitor  (Read 113818 times)

Offline mikeholczer

Re: aeon labs energy monitor
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:29 am »
Yep, here are the details on their guarantee:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Guaranteed_Compatibility

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:50 am »
These are now available on the website.

Barry - Have you gotten these in yet from Aeon?
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline myhomeserver

• Beta Testers
  • http://www.MyZwave.net
    • MyZwave.net
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:04 am »
My Aeon Labs Smart Energy Module arrived yesterday and I have it paired and connected to my elec panel (dual clamp model)

So, MCV, how do I get this working?  It shows as a generic I/O - and shows and ON/OFF switch.  Can you guys chime in and let me know how I can start using the tracking in this module?   What Plugin is needed if any?

Thanks!
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline ASIHome

• ASIHome - Products and Solutions for the Intelligent Home
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:39 am »
I am trying to get an update so I can notify everybody.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 11:50:02 am »
My Aeon Labs Smart Energy Module arrived yesterday and I have it paired and connected to my elec panel (dual clamp model)

So, MCV, how do I get this working?  It shows as a generic I/O - and shows and ON/OFF switch.  Can you guys chime in and let me know how I can start using the tracking in this module?   What Plugin is needed if any?

Thanks!
Did they send you a version to test with? I'm still waiting for a shipping notification from ASI.
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline myhomeserver

• Beta Testers
    • MyZwave.net
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 01:48:34 pm »
Yes, I have a hardware sample for testing and I'm getting started on the review as soon as I get it working with Vera.   I'll post my results here in this thread and a link to the review when it's up.   MCV, can  you guys comment on this sensor and if it works with Vera?   

Thanks!
Did they send you a version to test with? I'm still waiting for a shipping notification from ASI.
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 02:27:08 am »
Not sure if I'm imagining it but there seems to be a new plugin called "energy alerts and profiling" and I'm wondering if this is anything to do with the energy monitors?
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline myhomeserver

• Beta Testers
    • MyZwave.net
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 08:29:06 am »
Tried installing those plugins, I get errors.    MCV, any help here would be appreciated!
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline javier

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 09:52:47 am »
Tried installing those plugins, I get errors.    MCV, any help here would be appreciated!

We're getting those ready for the next UI4 beta; unfortunately we had to change the download process, so the current beta can't get them correctly from the marketplace.

To summarize the functionality:

- the 'Energy Monitor' plugin uses the 'Watts' field that you can fill on some devices, then monitors the on/off/dimmer status to calculate the actual power used.  Every half hour reports the total and peak usage to your account on the MiOS servers.  You can see the resulting statistics and graphs on the 'energy' tab on findvera.com.

- the 'Energy Alerts & Profiling' has two different functionalities:

1: A reimplementation (in Lua) of the 'energy' icon in the toolbox: at the set times it checks some limits you set (number of lights on, thermostat, total (calculated) power) and if you've exceeded them, sends a notification.

2: lets you measure actual power usage of all your lights and thermostats controlled by Vera using a power meter.  it starts by turning them all off to note the 'base' reading.  then turns on each one to read the difference.  When finished writes a text file with the findings and sends a notification.
--
Javier

Offline blazinace

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 02:36:17 pm »
javier, do you know the date when U14 will be released ?

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:58 am »
@Barry - Any word from Aeon?
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline ASIHome

• ASIHome - Products and Solutions for the Intelligent Home
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 11:09:24 am »
Aeon Labs got back to me with an update. They didn't have any in the US Warehouse so we had to get them from overseas. We are now expecting our next shipment from Aeon Labs on 6/30 which will include the Home Energy Meters.

Thank you.

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Beta Testers
  • Technology Guru
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 11:44:00 am »
I am really hopeful this product works as well as I think it will.  I just need it to be properly supported by Vera.

I am planning on ordering two of the 2 phase units.  One for the house, and one for my barn & motorhome.

-Robert
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:35:06 pm by TheGadgetGuy »
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

Offline myhomeserver

• Beta Testers
    • MyZwave.net
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 12:16:17 pm »
So far no word from MCV on how these work with Vera. I've had mine paired and connected to my panel with the 2 clamps since Monday but no idea on how to use it.   

Anyone?  MCV?
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Beta Testers
  • Technology Guru
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 06:49:32 pm »
That's somewhat frustrating.

If I was to make a guess, I would assume we won't get functionality in the energy monitor until after UI4 is released. Right now, that is a more pressing issue to MCV in my opinion.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long...

"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.