We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: aeon labs energy monitor  (Read 167885 times)

Offline JOD

Re: aeon labs energy monitor
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »
My meter clamps are White.

Version info from Vera: 3,2,78,3,55

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »
Mine is 3,2,97,1,35 with the blue clamps.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:24:38 am by strangely »
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:40 am »
For S#*ts and giggles I just did a "configure now" on my Aeon power meter and I'm now finally getting a constant stream of power updates for it now :)

Seems like 1156 (or an earlier version) has some new support for it;  when you configure again, it seems to download a bunch of custom configuration settings that seem to have performed some magic on it!

;D ;D
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:19 am »
Mine is 3,2,78,3,55, white clamps.

I did a configure, and the battery icon showed up.  I also started getting 'some' updates.  What do you mean by steady?  Do you have a poll interval 'faster' than default configured?

Side note, tried doing a configure on the 'leg' nodes, and they failed.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
It seems to be about every 5 seconds and or any time there is a big change as I'll see some + or -1W fluctuations and then also a few seconds after I turn something then it will also register that.

Previously under the 1.1.1047 version and (many after), the only time it would update is after quite a few polls and refreshes. I no longer have to do this :)

@kirbyb, You won't be able to configure the Child devices (clamp legs), and this is fairly typical of Zwave child devices. I had a suspicion your battery icon would come back :)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:27:21 am by strangely »

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »
I WAS able to delete the child devices...  except for the 'bugus' 5w leg..  That one hangs around.  It doesn't seem to change the behavior of the 'sum' node.

Also, for fun, I put 4 AA batteries in the device, and unplugged the USB power.  The red light went off, and the battery % changed from 22% to 100%. 

What Vera firmware are you running?  A beta?  How can I get one....

Kirby

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2011, 02:08:02 pm »
You shouldn't have to wait that long for the new beta release.

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »
Yeah, support said 'in a couple of days'.

How does one get signed up as an alpha/beta tester?  I've got quite a bit of imbedded linux experience, having been the build process architect and daily builder of IBM's service processor.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »
You shouldn't have to wait that long for the new beta release.

So I'm a software engineer, and as patient as the next person...but I bought my Vera 2 back in August, and as far as I can tell, there's never been any "non-beta" release.  I would argue that what they have released was more along the lines of an alpha, based on the traffic here.  But even so--the standard jargon is alpha/beta/release-candidate(with possible iteration)/release.  These things all mean something for real software projects...and beta means feature-complete.  But that also implies that you have a description somewhere of what features are part of your target release.  I know that part of MCV's problem is that they're on a feature-creep slippery-slope, or at least, have been.  But it would be pretty bad if, after 6 months, what they release is another beta.  If the cycle is going to be closed beta followed by open beta, and then repeat, they're doomed.

--Richard

Offline JOD

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2011, 11:09:36 pm »
rlmalisz,

I'm not going to disagree with you and brought up these points in a previous discussion, but I will play devils advocate in the absence of an MCV representative.

MCV is a small company on the leading edge of a still evolving technology, Z-Wave. Agreed, we have had bugs which have taken way too long to get fixed which should be followed by a release, for that I don't have an answer but when you see the big picture of the underlying issues to what is the bigger issue to the entire project, the bugs are inconsequential. Personally I believe their "Guaranteed Compatibility" clause is hurting them / us as there are so many new devices coming to market that they have to make work with Vera, it's never ending....Just a guess.

Stability in the product has been the primary focus for a long while now and I have sat on both sides of the fence here with the forum and have pushed for everything since joining, stability, feature requests, GUI fixes, better communication and even typo corrections. However, I truly believe that what we have here in Vera is nothing short of amazing, yes it still has a long way to go and the list of what we want will never end, but we will keep pushing forward.

What has been discovered recently is flaws in the Z-Wave technology itself which is out of MCV's control, but they are pushing for a fix. I don't know how specific I can be here so will leave out the details, unless someone else on the team wants to fill them in.

I feel your frustration and if it gives you any peace of mind, there are a bunch of great guys working every day here both in front and behind the scenes pushing for everything you can imagine to better the product.

Hang in there...

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline newbneedshelp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 01:16:07 pm »
My meter clamps are white. Vera2 reports version no: 3,2,78,3,57

It is very sluggish. Can it report more often than every 60 minutes or less.
How should it be set up - and how do we know that the default setup has been done properly.
How to log its results?
Vera 3 UI v.5 (downgraded fromv.7)
Kwikset lock, 2 x Aeon HEM e1 2-phase, Insteon/X10, Trane Thermostat, 2 x Panasonic cams, bunch of in walll relays(some even work).

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:09 pm »

I feel your frustration and if it gives you any peace of mind, there are a bunch of great guys working every day here both in front and behind the scenes pushing for everything you can imagine to better the product.

Hang in there...

JOD.

Uh....no there's not.

If they responded to ANYONE'S concerns then they might have someone 'in front' but as it is this seems to be a dying or possibly dead product. We keep hearing from other forum members how hard they are working but nothing from them. They even set up a "Company Blog" section and then let it die too. I don't expect them to walk on water but a "Hey guys, we're here and we're working hard to resolve a few issues" every now and then would be great. OR (just spit balling here) if they really are showing up to work every day...respond to a few of the help tickets that have been submitted. I know mine has been in for over a month now.

**Edit**
MCV should know that people are reading this forum. If I were shopping HA today and read all the problems and complaints about MCV itself there's no way I would buy it. I like the product and I hope to have it a long time but I've grown to accept it's quarks and weirdness and complete and total lack of support from MCV. In fact if it wasn't for the forums I would have given up a long time ago and just had some really expensive dimmers in my house.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:33:11 pm by mbairhead »

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »
My meter clamps are white, big and very heavy

Vera2 reports Nothing in the version field.  I see NO Version on mine
It's been 2 days since I installed it, any ideas how long this takes to get a version?

I see a POWER Leg #1, POWER leg #2 and a POWER that shows a fluctuation in watts, but I tend to disbelieve that it's properly reading the watts, since I turned on 800+ watts of lights and see only 185 Watts at it's peak. Seems to be polling every few seconds....

It COULD be hooked up wrong, since I have several boxes, standby generator, etc...

It also comes up with Failed at: Setting user Configuration when I attempt to configure....any ideas?
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »
I also have got a message that says failed at setting user configuration , but otherwise its updating every 5 seconds or so, and the values seem in line with what I'd expect.

When I did the reconfigure, I actually moved it to near Vera to see if that made a difference with the error but it didn't. It does seem to want to download a lot of configuration settings though!

I'm not sure its important, but you should perhaps make sure that both clamps are installed facing the same direction as I saw this in some installation tips for the TED! 

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »
If anyone has an Aeon Labs energy monitor rgat they'd like to sell, PM me. 

thanks.
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.