Author Topic: Vera Edge + Rfxtrx315 and x10 dimmer  (Read 1559 times)

Offline alaska99

Vera Edge + Rfxtrx315 and x10 dimmer
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:40:52 am »
When I activate an X10 vera auto detect signal and add a device but it detect an on/off switch. My switch is a dimmer switch but in the manage device menu I can just chose between "motion sensor" and "light sensor" in the new device type menu.

How can I setup a dimmer device ??
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:47:00 am by alaska99 »

Offline korttoma

Re: Vera Edge + Rfxtrx315 and x10 dimmer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:26:47 am »
As I understand it you need to use the RFX Remote L1.0/M to dimm your light.

Try sending an ON command using the Lum passage/M04 first and then try the Dimm buttons on the RFX Remote L1.0/M.

I don't quite remember how it is supposed to work since I scrapped all my X10 devices last year...
- Tomas

Offline alaska99

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:34:28 pm »
You're right I try it and the dim and bright command trig the last activated switch but it's a real pain to trig each light each time you want adjust intensity of light... Why not add a dimm and bright cmd inside each switch device???

Thank you

Offline korttoma

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:18 am »
it's a real pain to trig each light each time you want adjust intensity of light

This is one of the reasons why I decided to remove all my X10 devices and replace them with z-wave. I replaced a little bit at a time so it took me almost 2 years to get all of them replaced. Luckily most of my X10 devices remember their previous dim level so most of the time I adjusted the level from the physical button attached to them.

"dimm and bright cmd inside each switch device" would be nice in the Vera interface but how to then handle these devices in third party remote applications like ImperiHome and others?
I just use the Vera interface for changing automation logic or adding removing devices.
- Tomas