We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: After running once I get: attempt to index global 'os' (a number value)  (Read 1075 times)

Offline joer.

I've written a new script for my sonos which will tell me the time, my morning motivation (TBD), and read me the last 24 hours of work emails (subject, time, sender).  However I can run this script once (it does take like 9 seconds to run), then after that all of my os.date() functions stop working. If I restart Vera, everything comes back, until I run it again. 

Is it a performance thing? Resources? Code?

Code: [Select]
function sonosemails()

local emails = getemails()
local saypastemails = "I will now brief you on your unread emails from the last 24 hours. "

for k, v in pairs(emails) do
    for k, v in pairs(emails[k]) do
       --print(k, ":", v)
       if(k == 1) then
         saypastemails = saypastemails .. " Received " .. v
       elseif(k == 2) then
         saypastemails = saypastemails ..  " From " .. v     
       else
         saypastemails = saypastemails ..  " with the subject " .. v .. "... "     
       end
    end
end
 return saypastemails
end

local AV_DEV = 53
local LS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1"
local time = os.date('%I:%M')
local TEMP_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1"
local currenttemp = luup.variable_get(TEMP_SID, "CurrentTemperature", 41)
local hightemp = luup.variable_get(TEMP_SID, "CurrentTemperature", 43)
local weatherc = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-micasaverde-com:serviceId:Weather1","Condition", 40)
local morningmot = "Do better."
local ems = sonosemails()

luup.call_action(LS_SID, "Say",
     {Text = string.format("Good Morning! The current time is %s. The weather today is %s with the current temp at %s, and a high of %s. Today your morning motivation is %s. %s", time, weatherc, currenttemp, hightemp, morningmot, ems)}
     , AV_DEV)

Offline joer.

Re: After running once I get: attempt to index global 'os' (a number value)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 01:16:56 pm »
Just as a follow up.
I sshed into my Vera. 
When everything is working (before running the lua) my Vera has 10MB of ram free, 22MB cached, and normal CPU load of 15%.

When I run my lua, it I do see CPU spike to close to 50%, and ram free stays around the same. 

I am not sure but it doesn't seem to be a resource type of error.  Maybe it is my code. I will have to keep breaking it down to figure it out section by section.

I mean it is a dog. It takes 9 seconds to run... ouch.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:50:46 pm »
The global Lua variable os should be a table type.  If the error message you are getting says it's a number then something has overwritten it.  Check all of your Lua code in all of your scenes and make sure you haven't accidentally blatted over it.

Offline joer.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:38:43 pm »
The global Lua variable os should be a table type.  If the error message you are getting says it's a number then something has overwritten it.  Check all of your Lua code in all of your scenes and make sure you haven't accidentally blatted over it.

Well I feel stupid....

Code: [Select]
dc1, os = string.find(outputheaders,"OutlookSession=")
Thanks for the feedback futzle!