We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Saving Lua edits in triggers and scenes  (Read 837 times)

Offline ilikelife

Saving Lua edits in triggers and scenes
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »
Guess this is my day to pick on you.  Did I say welcome back?

A couple of things that I've struggled with, and just want to ask if I've missed the obvious or they are really issues.

When I edit Lua in a trigger, and click Save Changes, the "Submit" box turns red.  So I click Submit and get "Event Lua code edited, remember to save your changes"  At that point, I don't see any option to save (again) but if I exit, my change is not kept.  What am I missing?

If I edit the Lua in the main scene, the submit only seems to turn red if I hit tab, and the message is "Edited Scene # 22 Successfully".  But if I exit. I lose my change.  I have seen a "Save Changes" box within the messages box, but can't find that today.  Again. how do I really save changes?

Last question (today)  :)  UI7 has a Device Options tab with an option to "Add configuration settings".  Is there a way to do that in AltUI?

I'll say again for anyone reading that AltUI is the best thing to happen to Vera maybe EVER!  My issues are mostly my user error, or as amg0 says, it's a work in progress.  As fast as he works, there are a few things he has not gotten to yet!

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: Saving Lua edits in triggers and scenes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »
thank for the feedbacks and inputs
When I edit Lua in a trigger, and click Save Changes, the "Submit" box turns red.  So I click Submit and get "Event Lua code edited, remember to save your changes"  At that point, I don't see any option to save (again) but if I exit, my change is not kept.  What am I missing?
in fact, the event message is shown as soon as you edit the event. the Save occurs after with a save confirmation message in green. but because green messages auto disappear after a few seconds and blue message remains you are probably confused by the order and the fact the event messages stays
I will remove the event message, it is not that useful any more

If I edit the Lua in the main scene, the submit only seems to turn red if I hit tab, and the message is "Edited Scene # 22 Successfully".  But if I exit. I lose my change.  I have seen a "Save Changes" box within the messages box, but can't find that today.  Again. how do I really save changes?

you, indeed have to leave the lua field frst. either with tab or clicking outside the point is the text box must leave the focus for the Save button to become red. I will verify the behavior in case you directly click the save button without leaving the focus, it should work.

Last question (today)  :)  UI7 has a Device Options tab with an option to "Add configuration settings".  Is there a way to do that in AltUI?
it is a new feature suggestion :-) have not figured out how to do this yet. I need to get more familiar with low level zwave configuration apis and how to set / add configuration values. if anybody knows more about this and how to do this programmically, I am interested

I'll say again for anyone reading that AltUI is the best thing to happen to Vera maybe EVER!  My issues are mostly my user error, or as amg0 says, it's a work in progress.  As fast as he works, there are a few things he has not gotten to yet!