We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera 3 / UI7.0.11 and ZCOMBO may cause issues!  (Read 12900 times)

Offline Jamr

Re: Vera 3 / UI7.0.11 and ZCOMBO may cause issues!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 01:47:24 am »
I hate to jump in with promoting a different product, but after trying the Z Combos and the Nests, I have to say for the extra money, I love my Nest Protects.

The talking voice over the screeching is worth every penny, especially if we do have a fire and the confusion waking up, the smoke and screeching of a normal smoke sensor will make it more difficult to do what we have to do.
If you have more than one Nest and one is triggered, all of the other NP's will tell you verbally what room is setting them off.
The fact that I can hard wire them means I will never have to change a battery. I will never even have to think about them for another 7-10 years. Maybe a test every 6 months with the tap of the button, but that is it.
And with them being able to integrate with my Vera means I can still integrate them into scenes.
But what I love the most is the subtle night light that comes on when you walk under it. It really makes it a cool device. We use this every day! If you have to get up in the middle of the night, you have a light. They work especially well with kids in the rooms or in hallways. You can even turn off that feature if you want.
I wont even go into the phone app and extras you get in emails.
In my opinion, it really is worth the extra money.
I do sell these, but I can honestly say this is what I use in my own home.

If you want to know more contact me or we have product info here.
http://www.007systems.com/nest-smoke--co-alarm.html

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 03:00:13 am »
Well that was a pitch......

If it was a bit more ok, if it was double maybe, since its 3 times the cost..... im out.

Lowes just had the zcombos for 29.00 few weeks back. Nest never on sale and just like thier thermostats they are over designed to try and justify the cost. A few 9v batteries every 2 years is fine vs. Buying 800.00 in smoke detectors threw the house. Mine were a year old before Christmas and they read 80% battery.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 12:25:29 pm »
Well that was a pitch......

If it was a bit more ok, if it was double maybe, since its 3 times the cost..... im out.

Lowes just had the zcombos for 29.00 few weeks back. Nest never on sale and just like thier thermostats they are over designed to try and justify the cost. A few 9v batteries every 2 years is fine vs. Buying 800.00 in smoke detectors threw the house. Mine were a year old before Christmas and they read 80% battery.

Not a "pitch". A testimonial. I really do use them in my own home.
At 99 dollars each I don't think they are "over designed" I use all of their features every day. Can you say that about a 40 dollar Z Combo. If you have no need for the extra features, you would think that they are over designed, but most people,  especially families, will use the extra features built in them and the extra expense will be worth it.
I forgot to mention the fact that The nests give you the option of battery or hard wired and work with the Nest thermostats. A plus if you install them.
I sell and install both the Z Combo's and the Nests, but I do like the Nests.
Do what you want, but you will not be disappointed with the nests.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:28:26 pm by Jamr »

Marc Shenker

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 03:34:45 pm »
We have identified and are working on an issue in the 7.0.13 update. If you have not upgraded to 7.0.13 please hold off.

If you have, the devices cannot be seen in the web UI but they are still there and still functioning normally.

I will post again when the issue is resolved and we have a fix for it.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:03 am »
The issue has been resolved.