Author Topic: Vera Edge - Synology Surveillance Station Plugin - Help  (Read 9368 times)

Offline dubosj

Re: Vera Edge - Synology Surveillance Station Plugin - Help
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 03:41:30 pm »
I have installed the plugin and configured.  I am showing version 6 which is what installed when i searched for/installed the app. I get the following error:

SurveillanceStationRemote: API Info KO

I do not see how/where to get a later version and how to install.  Pointers are appreciated.

Offline berd

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
Having a problem connecting to the synology, i either get the fault : API Info KO,or Can't Detect Device,Startup Lua Failed, can anybody help?

Offline seanNJ

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 11:22:37 pm »
I've fixed the "API info KO" by changing the host name to ip address of the server.

Offline Yarryman

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 03:53:09 am »
Hi Vosmont,

I have been working with Vera Version 3 and UI5 for several years and I just bought a new Vera Edge on UI7.

I have just spent 3 days trying to get this plugin to work on th edge in UI7, installing the app and then loading the luup files from the zip file on your other website. I cannot get it to work despite hard reseting my vera several times and this is the only app installed.

It comes up with

Surveillance Station Remote[5] : Startup Lua Failed.

I know the user I am using has full admin rights to Synology Surveillance Station, ( I can sign in and use the cameras, edit, disable etc)
The only thing I can think is that the recent upgrade to synology OS and software may have caused a problem 8.0.2.5158

in the log I can see error on device even though the Json is there and loaded.

20   04/22/17 17:02:40.105   LuaInterface::StartEngine 0xf837a0 device 5 <0x76fd6520>
01   04/22/17 17:02:40.106   luup_require can't find json

See attached log file.

I have tried loading the
D_SurveillanceStationRemote1.json
and also tried the
D_SurveillanceStationRemote1_UI7.json

but I still get the error
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Also when I load the LUUP files the screen seems to reffer to the drive where I loaded them from, screen shot in the document. I assume this could be a problem but I have not idea why its happening

Thanks

Des

Offline Yarryman

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2017, 08:27:55 pm »
I have made progress and just found that Internet explorer 11 on windows 10 does not load the Luup files correctly.

Now that I have used Chrome to upload the files it has worked better. I have never had this problem before.

Offline Wry

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 06:15:39 am »
Hi,

I am struggling to get this plugin to work - any help would be appreciated. If it will work -it will be brilliant and solve a problem that has been a personal headache for several years; how to get Synology surveillance Station to act like an normal home alarm system that can be easily armed and disarmed. If I can integrate it into Vera the problem is solved.

I have a Vera Edge and am on UI7. I use an iMac, so the browser is safari

I have followed all the instructions for entering host name etc in the advance tab. But I keep getting the error message: SurveillanceStationRemote (10): not configured

I have tried the hostname diskstation and the ip address, and the ip address with port number after. I have also clicked on the checkbox under each entry (switch to input type text). I have also tried different users on the Synology - but always the same error message.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong - I so much what to have this plugin working!

Offline Corpze

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 05:10:20 am »
Hi, i just got my Plugin kind of working - i downloaded the plugin and downloaded the latest files from github and loaded those files, after the update, I don't get any Lua startup error any more :)

But, despite getting rid of all of the errors, the camera tab sais 0. undefined.
-Do i have to add the cameras manually or something?

/Daniel