Author Topic: Ring Video Doorbell - Vera?  (Read 39196 times)

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: Ring Video Doorbell - Vera?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 08:34:16 pm »
Hi edempsey. Ring has been less than cooperative in working with us. We will be integrating some kind of door bell device but which one has yet to be determined.

You could add some support for the Aeon doorbell that already works with vera. Currently it takes luup code to control the audio files. A control panel would be nice.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=35302.0

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 09:06:29 pm »
@GaryOkie:  Yes, the motion sensing doesn't work too well based on my experience as well, in my case I don't really rely on it.

What I set up in my house is actually a Dakota Alert 2500 that ties to another SM103.  The Dakota is installed at the drive way so I get alerted when someone trips the infrared beam even before approaching my front door.

The Dakota + SM 103 set up works really well for me.  But yes, I still wish Skybell will make the motion sensing better soon.

Offline Thefunks

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 11:49:18 pm »
Has Vera made any progress on the integration of Ring?

Hi edempsey. Ring has been less than cooperative in working with us. We will be integrating some kind of door bell device but which one has yet to be determined.

Any updates?

Offline dubbedout

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2016, 04:58:35 pm »
I have both a Ring doorbell and Wink hub, while yes you can "integrate" the Ring into Wink it still makes you load the Ring app to view the video feed.  Ring does work with the Wink Connect plugin but the author of the plugin is out of commission for awhile due to health issues.  You get access to the motion sensor and the button to trigger scenes.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 12:06:54 pm »
Hi

I just purchased the Ring Doorbell Pro and i am wondering if anyone has had any success with a plugin for vera?  This would be a great addition.  All support greatly appreciated.

T

Marc Shenker

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »
Hi

I just purchased the Ring Doorbell Pro and i am wondering if anyone has had any success with a plugin for vera?  This would be a great addition.  All support greatly appreciated.

T

The issue with the Ring door bell is that they do not give us proper access to the video feed which makes keeps up from being able to integrate it properly.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 05:30:57 pm »
What do we need to do to get them to release the information for you?

Offline Leibcha

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 02:03:30 am »
Hi

T

The issue with the Ring door bell is that they do not give us proper access to the video feed which makes keeps up from being able to integrate it properly.

So at least integrate that if it senses motion or the doorbell is pressed I should be able to execute actions, like turn on a light.

Ring is currently partnered with a few other HA services, like Wink, lockitron ADT and another few to to open locks or lights right from the Ring app, why isn't Vera there? Or at least integrate with IFTTT, which Ring is also integrated.

Offline Pseudomizer

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 05:03:59 am »
Nothing because this is against Ring's strategy. The same strategy as Kuna has. I did publish on my website from the IoT World that Kuna Product Management has no plans to offer any kind of integration to keep their system secure but more importantly offer their cloud feature for storing videos and playback on demand. Same will apply here. Ring has massive amounts of storage for customer data and they don't want to publish any information enabling storing of video content somewhere else than their cloud.

I believe the chances of getting that kind of information are slim to none but just to be clear... I would be the first one if any smart door bell would integrate properly into Vera and into BlueIris.
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline accordfreak

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »
was there any response from doorbird? seems like the better doorbell out of all of them.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
I purchased the Ring Doorbell Pro and I find it excellent and would highly recommend.  I had some troubles setting it up at first but works great, yes it would be great to have it integrated. 

As for turn the light on when motion is detected, can you somehow use the alert that comes up? If alert received turn light on? 

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:52 pm »
I'm not as concerned about the video integration nor would others as Vera's video integration is kind of slow anyways. I suggest access from Vera to the functions and alerting of the device rather than the video feed. Most people would agree we'd use the video feed out of the app as it does the incoming notification/alerting. So if we dropped video integration and focused on functions only that should be fine in my opinion.

Offline scooby4420

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »
Agree that Vera should provide *some* level of integration with Ring even if they can't initially leverage all features.  Let's at least get it in the ecosystem and then increment from there.  Simply having "no support" is unacceptable.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 09:02:09 am »
I'm not as concerned about the video integration nor would others as Vera's video integration is kind of slow anyways. I suggest access from Vera to the functions and alerting of the device rather than the video feed. Most people would agree we'd use the video feed out of the app as it does the incoming notification/alerting. So if we dropped video integration and focused on functions only that should be fine in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but the factory cannot integrate a device half way, that is why we support the developer community; so that users can add the functionality that they want or need when we cannot.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 06:59:56 pm »

I'm sorry, but the factory cannot integrate a device half way, that is why we support the developer community; so that users can add the functionality that they want or need when we cannot.

Ok Mark, I get the point. It's just quite a few neat devices are out on the market and other platforms have integration with them while Vera does not. Not necessarily specific to Ring but just some of the well known devices. So sometimes I'll take half baked over fully cooked then let the devs sink their teeth in. :)