Author Topic: VeraLite UI5 upgrade to UI7 gets in login loop for 'Users and Account Info'  (Read 1132 times)

Offline tec

I've been on a upgrade kick with z-wave devices and VeraLite.  I upgraded to UI7 from UI5.  Remote access via the smart phone generally works but not perfectly reliable.  I previously tried to set up text messaging but it didn't work.

Today, I was going to try again.  However, every time I try to get into the 'Users & Accounts Info', I get dumped to the https://home.getvera.com/users/login page.  I enter my password and get redirected back to main UI7 page.  My password is probably the same as it was with UI5.  I tried resetting my password but that didn't seem to take.  It said the new password was invalid.  Old password works.  I've tried resetting the Chrome browser cache.  I've tried IE.

I know on another computer I was previously able to get in this menu.  Any way to obliterate my UI5 info that may be lurking around?  I don't plan to go backwards.

Any suggestions?

Offline tec

Well, I sort of figured it out.  When I am on my LAN I have to use my old account and password to log into the VeraLite. When I press login within the Vera website, I have to use my e-mail address and the reset password.  External access requires the e-mail and reset password.

Offline krmccreight

I am stuck at this same point. Downgraded back to UI5 did a clean upgrade and same thing except now I get a cannot connect to unit on the dash board. I can however still access the Vera via the mios login site or via direct IP address. It is like the upgrade is not excluding the device from the mios page and locking it out of the getvera page.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline DeeDee

• Sr. Newbie
Hi,

If you've upgraded your Vera to UI7 then you're required to create a new account on the UI7 portal home.getvera.com and assign the unit to the new account but you must have a different password than the one you currently use on the UI5 portal otherwise the new account will be in a conflict with the account you have on the UI5 portal (cp.mios.com).

You should contact Vera support if this doesn't work.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
The same thing for other accounts you created in UI5.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.