We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 4-in-1 reset  (Read 646 times)

Offline hmspain

4-in-1 reset
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »
I have a very specific request; for the Aeon 4-in-1, you can set a timeout value (in seconds).  Once motion is sensed, the timer starts, and motion can't be sensed again until it "resets".

My question is; can you reset this "timer"?  I have my Aeon 4-in-1 set to a large value, say 1800 seconds, but if you leave the room, and turn off the light via a script, you re-enter the room, and ... nothing.

I know I can set the timeout to a low value; like 5 seconds, but I would really like for the motion sensor to resume sensing when I leave the room and not wait for the timeout if possible.

I hope this can be done via LUUP, but all I can find is "un-trip" which does not reset the timer.

---

A concrete example; you have a 4-in-1 motion sensor, and a Z-wave light in a bathroom where (when in the shower) the motion sensor CAN'T detect you.  Using a door sensor is not an option since the door remains open at all times :-).  I set the timeout to 30 minutes, but after leaving, I don't want to wait to turn off the bathroom light, so I'm "Alexa, turn off the bathroom".  You then re-enter the bathroom (before the timer expires), and nothing.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)