Author Topic: IOS Beta  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Pietor

Re: IOS Beta
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 04:16:09 am »
Specific issue: When I create a scene in the new IoS app and attach a geolocation as a trigger, then edit the scene in the web GUI (so not on the device), the geolocation trigger seems to be removed, also when I check this on the IoS device, the geofence trigger is removed from the scene.

Update: When I attach a geolocation as a trigger to a scene in the IoS app, save the scene, the geolocation is succesfully attached after rechecking in the app. However, when I close the app and reopen the app, and then go to the same scene, the geolocation is not attached as a trigger to the scene anymore.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 04:35:41 am by Pietor »

Offline Mariusz

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 06:42:25 am »
I have problems with geolocation and latest beta too. It only works sometimes.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:20 am »
This was my last email into the feedback address...

I like the latest room overview, but the area sensitive to touch is way too small. It takes me 2-3 times to hit the right spot on the screen to go to that room. Suggestion: make the area bigger or make the whole rectangle touch sensitive

Scene activation/power button - same problem as before. I have one scene that I turn on/off as needed (it makes my christmas tree modulate light intensity. Sometimes it gets annoying). If I try to turn it on/off from my phone, I get terrible feedback from the app (it doesn't show a change at all) and may or may not actually do anything to the scene. I can tell it to deactivate the scene, the power button stays green, and no change is effected. Suggestion: don't let it do that.

Moving on from the scene editor, I've found that the app hangs when I hit the menu button. It won't let me go to the dashboard or to the devices tab, or even go back to the scene list. I have to double-click the home button and kill the app and restart to go anywhere. Suggestion: :)

Overall though I'm quite pleased with the improvement over the app that was released in January, which forced me to work with third party apps. My wife has been using the beta as well, and while I told her not to upgrade to this latest version, she has been much happier with how things work on a daily basis using it. Please fix these latest issues which are basic functionality and it'll be a solid release.

I apologize that I have not been able to contribute much in the way of geofencing, which appears to be a big working issue. I'll eventually get to the point where such a function is useful for us.

Thank you!

Anyone else having similar problems?

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
Dimmers not working
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 04:08:58 pm »
Hi guys,

Does anyone among you had any issues related to dimmers?

Some of our users that installed the release version from App Store that was published yesterday witch is based on the core of the latest beta are complaining that some of their dimmers are presented with only an on/off switch and the lightness slider is missing.
Please reply here if you had similar issues.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS

Offline brandoncreel

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 09:26:54 pm »
Yes I have that exact problem. About 3 months ago or so during the Test Flight beta app version the dimmer disappeared. I only have on/off control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sasaba

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 04:35:52 pm »
I am hit and miss as well on the geofence activating. But also, even when it does activate the scene that should be triggered never fires the action. I have two scenes, a home and gone scene. When I enter or exit the geofence the scene should turn on or off, respectively, a multiswitch plugin switch. If I manually activate the scene from Vera Mobile the switch status changes and I get a message saying the scene was activated. If a cross the geofence either nothing happens or I only get a notice saying that I entered or exited the geofence but no notice that the scene was activated and no change in switch state.

Offline Pietor

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:11:40 am »
IOS Testlfight says the beta app will expire in 16 hours. Any change of a new update? Otherwise the app will be useless and disabled for beta testers.

Offline deboy69

IOS Beta
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »
Don't update if you have digits or characters in your username. You won't be able to login to the app if you update the app via TestFlight . Just FYI. An overlooked bug in the character acceptance of the login

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:11:02 pm by deboy69 »

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 10:19:23 pm »
We are waiting for Apple approval to a new version. It will be available in about one hour and it will fix this issue.

Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS
Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS

Offline deboy69

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »
Sweet thanks👍

Offline Pietor

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 03:54:43 am »
Confirmed working again.

Offline bdevendorf

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:11 pm »
When adding new devices from ios, the name I enter doesn't stick, though the room does. The devices do add correctly for all other featured and configurations.

Would be nice to have a more compact listing when scrolling through devices. As I add devices,I find myself spending a lot more time scrolling through the list. Most of my switches are dimmers, and those take up a lot of space.

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »
When adding new devices from ios, the name I enter doesn't stick, though the room does. The devices do add correctly for all other featured and configurations.

Would be nice to have a more compact listing when scrolling through devices. As I add devices,I find myself spending a lot more time scrolling through the list. Most of my switches are dimmers, and those take up a lot of space.

The issues you are talking about it's already solved. We will release a new beta version this week that will also bring back room overview so it's going to be easier to scroll through devices as they are grouped by room.

Thank you for your feedback.

Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS
Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS

Offline BullGator73

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 11:21:22 am »
Will the next version have widgets?  I am using VeraMate right now specifically because of that.  Contrary to what I read though, the Vera app is much more reliable than VeraMate so far so i would rather just simplify life.

Offline ehillis

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »
Can we have the ability to add a scene as a favourite to the dashboard screen or is this a Vera firmware change requirement? Will sent it as a change request that way as well