Author Topic: IOS Beta  (Read 6991 times)

Offline mmd

IOS Beta
« on: October 10, 2015, 12:34:58 am »
So I stumbled on the beta that was release on 11 Sept and wow it's good.  Unfortunately no feedback for Vera because it just works so far.  I can actually use it like a remote to turn a light on instead of waiting for a minute and a half.  Highly recommend jumping on board to test here:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33790.0.html 

Offline ceefin

Re: IOS Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:24:23 pm »
I'll second this. I got my wife signed up and the WAF has gone through the roof, relatively speaking.

The only thing I'd ask them to do would be to allow the list of devices to be collapsed into rooms, so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of stuff to get what I need.

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 08:25:09 am »
Hi guys. The feature for having an option to make a quick jump to a section is coming pretty soon so please stand by. If you have any other ideas for features that would help improve your experience on using our app then don't hesitate to reply to this thread or submit your feedback directly on TestFlight.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:34:17 am by Dragos Perju »
Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS

Offline Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:12:17 am »
Please add user friendly push notifications with custom text and maybe predifined tags like #date # time you can insert in notification. Now it dosen't look very nice with Vera generated notifications with a lot of numbers and id's. I don't want to see them and don't really have any use of them ;)

Offline Pietor

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 10:40:25 am »
The current IOS beta is great indead, what a relief and what a difference in loading times. If you keep the app open it now almost gives you instant control. Opening the app from scratch is also much faster. Agree with Ceefin that the wife acceptance factor (WAF) has gone up a lot!
Bit dissapointed though that the unlock all doors and turn all lights on (two useless buttons IMHO) are still prominent on the first dashboard.

Offline Pietor

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 03:07:34 am »
After the new update today, plugins also correctly display additional text and icons, controlling not yet available.

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:42 am »
Hi guys,

Please check the latest update for the beta version and let us know what you think. Controls for plugins are now available.
Dragos Perju,
iOS Team Lead @ MiOS

Offline Pietor

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 09:33:34 am »
After the new update today, plugins also enable controls in the IOS UI. I did not test it thouroughly yet but so far it looks impressive.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:43 am »
I have tried it since yesterday and it works great so far. No hanging, no freezing, and it is very fast when comparing to other third party apps.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 11:49:12 am »
Will we able to clear alerts from the ios app?

Offline hellovn

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 06:03:26 am »
I would suggest VeraMobile has a refresh button so that users can refresh anytime they want. I have a problem with caching and have to navigate through a few buttons before the data is updated correctly.

Online rafale77

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »
Been testing for a few days and while it is a huge improvement overall, I am noticing that geofencing is still very unreliable. I am currently using the iphone locator app which I have tuned to be very reliable and wish the mios app would be able to reproduce that. I only intermittently get the away and home notifications. I also would like more control over how it behaves, namely how frequently it is reporting location and how the location would affect the vera besides just changing house mode from home to away. I suppose the app is sending the location or is it the server which is pinging the phone?

Also noticed a typo in the map. "hybrid" Vs. "hybryd"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:21:36 pm by anhman »
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline B3rt

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 04:11:17 am »
Also been testing it, the 'global' default functions and GUI work great but the app lack some (for me ) important functions:

- it does not reqonize any virtual switches/devices/apps
- geofencing does simply NOT work, totally unreliable
- there is no way to use geofencing to start a scene
- no reload button
- no auto reload when apps open to get actual live data

Offline Pietor

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:02 am »
New version of IoS app (2.4 - 38) available:

iOS App:
- Touch ID and pin code. Adds an extra layer of security to the application. You can setup a pin code from Settings -> Application.
- Rooms Overview - A quick glance right from the Dashboard to all the rooms in the house that have associated devices. Depending on what sensors you have installed, a sequence of camera images, temperature, humidity, lightness and power consumption will be displayed. 

Apple Watch:
- Apple Watch App - basic interface for changing house modes and viewing alerts. You can setup a small modular complication to start the Vera watch app right from the clock interface.

Touch ID works, interesting feature but not really sure why I should use it (I always lock my phone), it is not enabled by default
Rooms overview: also interesting, changing icon with temperature, energy usage etc.
Unfortunately geofencing still does not work. Also a reload button is not available. The app is getting better though!

Offline Pietor

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 04:10:05 am »
And today again a new update for the IoS app (2.4 - 40) available:

This version includes under the hood improvements and bug fixes. It is a release candidate to be published in the App Store.

Unfortunately, still does not pickup exiting my geolocation and triggering a scene adequately.