Author Topic: Vera Edge and Intermatic CA600  (Read 3813 times)

Offline chuck1026

Re: Vera Edge and Intermatic CA600
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 10:14:05 pm »
I don't have a Vera Edge yet (waiting for Plus). I'm still on Vera Lite. I have (or had) about 30 of these CA600 dimmers, and I can tell you with great confidence that any z-wave product made by Intermatic is an absolute piece of junk. I have about 60 difference z-wave devices, and Intermatic is the only brand that I consistently have issues with. They're fine for a few months, but then slowly one by one they start falling off the network, which re-adding will fix, but eventually within a year or two they stop working entirely and you have to throw them way. I have also started replacing them one by one (at a significant cost obviously). I've started buying Enerwave products. Does anyone have long term experience with those?

I personally don't. I have Leviton devices going back to 2012 and they seem rock solid. Everspring devices seem reliable too.
Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.

Offline jumper4000

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 01:39:29 pm »
Virtus, you should stay away from them, because they suck, but they do work with LEDs as long as the total load on the circuit is over 45 watts, so for example if you have 4 lights on a single switch, you can add a 20 watt incandescent bulb to ur LED mix to get the total to over 45 watts, and it will work fine.

Offline txbone66

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »
So I have an entire house of CA600s that worked for years with my 2Gig Alarm Panel.  I went to the vera edge to have a little more 'control' over my system and now my entire house looks like christmas at night.  :)  Any idea if there is going to be a fix for this?

Offline virtus

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 12:13:21 pm »
Virtus, you should stay away from them, because they suck, but they do work with LEDs as long as the total load on the circuit is over 45 watts, so for example if you have 4 lights on a single switch, you can add a 20 watt incandescent bulb to ur LED mix to get the total to over 45 watts, and it will work fine.
Yeah, I figured that out - but it kind of negates the whole reason of having LEDs when I have to double the fixture's wattage with an old incandescent bulb just to get the switch to work. I agree that people should stay away from them - they are past their prime.

Offline jjessop

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 12:55:20 am »
Just trying to kickstart some life back into this issue. For me, it's the CA3500 outlets that used to work perfect for years with my Vera Lite. Now with my Vera Edge it's a different story as they drop out and blink most of the time. After a power fail, they completely unpair and never come back unless you delete and repair each one.

Any solutions from the community? Pretty much given up on official support :(

Jerry

Offline nicklate

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 12:11:05 pm »
did anyone find a solution or option to stop the nightly process from removing devices caused after upgrading to UI7 from UI5?

I have lost two CA600 of them over a period of 5 or so years.  So I cant complain about the product since I live in an old house in rural Louisiana with sketchy power.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:49:59 pm by nicklate »

Offline kamakazie2

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 04:54:34 pm »
Veralite user for several years with no issue with My Ca600s and Ca3500s.. i had to upgrade to the VeraPlus as the Lite has since died.. You are telling me that there is no solution to this?

Looks like i'm returning my Veraplus.