Author Topic: Viewing historical power usage in UI7?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline ando1

Viewing historical power usage in UI7?
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:13:04 am »
Hi,

I am fairly new to Vera and have just connected an Aeon HEM V1 to my system and can see the power readings from the HEM device. I also use Homewave for iOS and can view the realtime power data there. What I am looking for is a way to view a graph of power usage over time (say a month). I have seen this can be done with the Datamine and Datayours plugins, however it seems that Datamine doesn't offcially support UI7 and Datayours looks very complicated to configure. Can someone tell me if there is a more simplified way to get this data for newbies like me?

Thanks,
Andy

Offline ando1

Re: Viewing historical power usage in UI7?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:58:56 am »
Update: Seem that the state of graphing power usage in UI7 is in pretty bad shape, so I dove in and managed to get Datamine running on my VeraEgde. It is  a great plugin and provides tons of data. The install process wasn't too bad as long as you have some knowledge of NIX CLI.

Andy

Offline alpha1

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:16:04 am »
Update: Seem that the state of graphing power usage in UI7 is in pretty bad shape, so I dove in and managed to get Datamine running on my VeraEgde. It is  a great plugin and provides tons of data. The install process wasn't too bad as long as you have some knowledge of NIX CLI.

Andy

The install of Datamine is what has put me off, i started the install a few weeks ago then saw the huge list of actions and stopped.  Should really pick this up again..

Offline ando1

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:43 am »
@alpha1

You probably already have this but I followed the steps in post#4 here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33555.msg246245.html#msg246245

I have a pretty good working knowledge of Linux and it took about 20 minutes to get everything configured. Let me know if you need some help.

Andy