We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Qubino plus dimmer, Pir and scene help!  (Read 747 times)

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
Qubino plus dimmer, Pir and scene help!
« on: November 11, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »
Posted this in the programing section, think however this will be the better place for it!
Pulling my hair out on this.

Pretty sure its my lack of knowledge in scenes rather that a config issue with my qubino dimmer module.
Ok I have a Qubino dimmer (new plus type) powering outside lights on a scene after sunset at 15% dimming...works perfectly as it should.

I have wired outside pir's that send a switched live to the qubino module. (new type modules take live at there Inputs as aposed to neutrals on the old versions)
I want a scene that when a pir is tripped, it will run the dimmers up to 100% for x amount of time then revert back down to the original 15%, and reset so that if tripped again it will do the same.

I have tried connecting the pir switched live to input 1 (which is the control overal of the dimmer i believe) and input 2 which is basically a on off. im getting mixed results and i think i need help!

Thank you in advance

Chris
Modify message

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Qubino plus dimmer, Pir and scene help!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 04:21:10 am »
Ok found a problem. If an input is given to input 2 (input 2 is an on off) it takes 80 seconds for Vera to recognise the input and subsequently fire the scene. This was why I could get the Pir to work correctly, as the Pir wasn't triggering for long enough.

Is there a way to make the qubino dimmer send its state change to Vera? Do the qubino modules not have instant status?

Offline shallowearth

Re: Qubino plus dimmer, Pir and scene help!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 05:16:14 pm »
It looks like the S2 and S3  inputs are really designed to work with direct association primarily.  So you would use them to to either trigger on/off of the light connected to the Qubino or another zwave device in the vicinity.  I don't see a way to make them support instant status which is unfortunate.

You could try associating S2 to the Qubino Dimmer object itself, but I don't think it is going to do what you want.