We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SQC HD...what does it mean when my controls have no labels?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline rlmalisz

SQC HD...what does it mean when my controls have no labels?
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:55:13 pm »
I am probably one of the victims of MCV's server issues--I know they say that's all fixed, but I cannot access anything from off the local LAN.  But local access has been reliable.

Problem is that even locally, SQC HD seems pretty dodgey about showing actual status of devices, and even when those show, the controls often show up label-free, saying things like "Door Lock", "Dimmer (Name)".  I can usually muddle through, but my SO doesn't use her iPad interface often enough to have memorized the layout.  Nor should she.

Is there some BKM (drop device from height into water?) to get this to cease?

--Richard

PS: I went to the SQC site, but when I try to access support, I get one of those "oops, bad link--maybe pick something from the menu at left"...and there is no menu on the left.

Offline SquareConnectMat

Re: SQC HD...what does it mean when my controls have no labels?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 02:22:43 am »
I am probably one of the victims of MCV's server issues--I know they say that's all fixed, but I cannot access anything from off the local LAN.  But local access has been reliable.

Problem is that even locally, SQC HD seems pretty dodgey about showing actual status of devices, and even when those show, the controls often show up label-free, saying things like "Door Lock", "Dimmer (Name)".  I can usually muddle through, but my SO doesn't use her iPad interface often enough to have memorized the layout.  Nor should she.

Is there some BKM (drop device from height into water?) to get this to cease?

--Richard

PS: I went to the SQC site, but when I try to access support, I get one of those "oops, bad link--maybe pick something from the menu at left"...and there is no menu on the left.

Hi Richard,

First, we have had no problems reported from other users regarding accessing the Square Connect site. I am wondering if there is some ISP or network problem on your end. I have three ISP's coming into my home (excessive, but required for testing various network and internet issues), and every so often I have to reboot and reconnect the Comcast connection in particular.

The issues with the local versus remote are also confusing. Without looking at your specific configuration (please do try and raise a ticket again on our site), it is hard to be sure what is going on.

I would recommend a complete power down and power up of your iOS device... there may be some cache left over from the Vera server issues... (?). The way SQRemote works is that the status labels and names all are retrieved from Vera on every refresh  ... so if they are showing up blank... then it is being returned blank by Vera. There may some other edge cases where they are see as blank, but typically if we cant reach vera or we time out we will use the last cached value, if I remember right.

Looking forward to getting your ticket and seeing where the problem really is...

Regards

Mat

(PS if the ticket system is still unavailable for you, please email me: mat at squareconnect dot com

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: SQC HD...what does it mean when my controls have no labels?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56:14 pm »
I get this on occasion too.  Force-quitting the SQ Remote app through the iOS task manager and re-starting it always fixes it for me.

Some information about my installation: I use a fixed local IP address, not mios.com's remote tunnel.  No local authentication.  SQ Remote runs on my iPhone, so when I leave the house (and don't use VPN) the IP address no longer points to my Vera.

What I think might be happening is that the network change when I come or go within my LAN's wireless range is causing one of SQ Remote's status requests to time out.  If that lost status request is the one which contained the device names, then SQ Remote doesn't try again.

I'll take a screenshot the next time I see it happen.