Author Topic: openLuup: Suggestions  (Read 24593 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: openLuup: Suggestions
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »
Can't be done that way because it needs to work for arbitrary implementation files and also for devices which don't have any implementation at all.

As I said, there's no difficulty in how to implement it.  It's already done.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2018, 12:09:34 am »
@akbooer,

One potentially crazy idea: Have you ever thought of integrating OpenZWave into openLuup? I see that there is a lua wrapper for it on github but it appears quite old.

https://github.com/OpenZWave/OZW4Lua
openLuup (78 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2018, 06:04:42 am »
One potentially crazy idea: Have you ever thought of integrating OpenZWave into openLuup? I see that there is a lua wrapper for it on github but it appears quite old.

I looked very carefully at this and all the other options, and eventually settled on the Zwave.me stick (and/or Razberry board) because of the simplicity of its ZWay API, when I was looking for a Vera replacement.

My only use for Vera, now, is as a Zwave gateway, accessed through the VeraBridge plugin.  Similarly the Zwave.me USB stick has the ZWay plugin.  In like manner, it would certainly be possible to write a plugin to interface to any OpenZWave hardware, but it would be a fair amount of work.

My priority is actually to rewrite the current ZWay plugin to make it more comprehensive and more like the VeraBridge in functionality, including rooms and scenes, plus the potential for multiple ZWave networks from a single controller.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2018, 09:52:40 am »
Thanks AK. I can see that it would be quite a bit of work.
Having had OpenZWave and Z-way up as secondary zwave controllers on my network, I am finding that they each have their pros and cons. OpenHab, Homeassistant and a number of others actually use OpenZWave as their zwave api. It seems to be a lot more active and is open source unlike zway. The big advantage I found with it is the secure class key which can be manually configured. Zway currently does not support this and therefore cannot control any of my secure class devices on my network. Only OpenZWave and Vera can. I have been struggling to get any support from the zway forum. It has other advantages though in terms of UI but homeassistant/openzwave is catching up fast. One can now manually assign associations like on the Zway.
openLuup (78 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline martynwendon

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2018, 12:54:43 pm »
The big advantage I found with it is the secure class key which can be manually configured. Only OpenZWave and Vera can.

Out of interest, did you manage to extract the Security key from Vera? Or configure Vera with a different key from a different network?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2018, 05:47:09 pm »
Yes, I extracted the key from the vera. I opened a ticket with CC and one agent was kind enough to point me to where it is.

Offline martynwendon

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2018, 06:13:59 pm »
Yes, I extracted the key from the vera. I opened a ticket with CC and one agent was kind enough to point me to where it is.

Care to share the method? By PM if needed ..... I've been trying to do this to allow my ZNiffer to decode Secure device communications, but couldn't see the key in any obvious locations.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2018, 11:26:25 pm »

Care to share the method? By PM if needed ..... I've been trying to do this to allow my ZNiffer to decode Secure device communications, but couldn't see the key in any obvious locations.

Will send you a PM