We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openLuup: Nest  (Read 8915 times)

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
Re: openLuup: Nest
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 12:48:41 pm »
Yes, I observed the Unix date of 0 (definitely assigned when the child device was created) and I attempted to clear it but that didn't work. Seems it'll only accept a positive value (well to the best of my knowledge) as a negative integer generates NaN. Here's a link to Watou's GitHub.

https://github.com/watou/vera-nest.git

I can provide more details (screenshots etc.) later this evening. No hurry though as these are only cosmetic issues ...

Got a working version running using Watou's build.

That's definitely GOOD NEWS.

LastTrip as it's displaying December of 1969 on all the CO and smoke detectors.

So that's a UNIX date of 0 adjusted to your time zone.  Either your machine clock is wrong, or its picking up the wrong thing from somewhere. If you point me to the files, I might be able to find it.

Another issue has to do with sliders for the thermostat. Looks like Watou intended on implementing precision for the set points. Problem is, they're displaying as [XXX] rather than [XX.X]. I'm sure these are simple corrections within select files I'm just not sure where to start.

That may be a JavaScript problem.  I wouldn't have a clue.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline ColdCowboy

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 01:15:15 am »
Got a working version running using Watou's build. I had to make a few adjustments but it's been running great for over 24 hours.

Cudanet, any chance you can detail what adjustments need to be made to get Watou's Nest plugin working?    I can't seem to get it to store my Nest username and password in the control panel.

thx

Offline ColdCowboy

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 10:24:43 pm »
Has anyone else been able to get the Nest plugin working?

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 12:20:25 pm »
Sorry,

Been away for some much needed R&R... I'm slowly catching up on current/past events.. I'd be interested if someone would try to install the Watou plugin and see if the same issues are still present. Issues I'm sure have more to do with the plugin than anything else but it's worth a try. Stay far away from the MCV plugin, that is - until someone graciously makes the necessary adjustments (similar to that of the Hue plugin - thanks to Cybrmage)...

Offline ColdCowboy

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »
Sorry,

Been away for some much needed R&R... I'm slowly catching up on current/past events.. I'd be interested if someone would try to install the Watou plugin and see if the same issues are still present. Issues I'm sure have more to do with the plugin than anything else but it's worth a try. Stay far away from the MCV plugin, that is - until someone graciously makes the necessary adjustments (similar to that of the Hue plugin - thanks to Cybrmage)...

Hope you had a great break!

I've tried installing the Watou Nest app a couple of times but without any success.  I don't know enough to dig into the code but even when I looked through the log it didn't seem like it was doing anything. 

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 10:57:15 pm »
Yes, rest agrees with me...

That's odd regarding the plugin. I don't recall having any other issues other than what was reported within this thread. If/when I get more time I'd be more than happy to give it another go and report my findings and help you with the install IF it's indeed functional and reporting properly.

Sorry,

Hope you had a great break!

I've tried installing the Watou Nest app a couple of times but without any success.  I don't know enough to dig into the code but even when I looked through the log it didn't seem like it was doing anything.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 08:21:20 pm »
Sorry bringing this old thread back. I looked at the code in this watou plugin and I don't see how it could work. CN, can you confirm that it is still working for you? As I understand it, the authentication of the nest api has changed and requires a pin similar to the ecobee. This plugin isn't supporting it. The mcv WWN one does but uses an encrypted file
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.