Author Topic: Monoprice motion/temp sensor  (Read 797 times)

Offline tp546

Monoprice motion/temp sensor
« on: November 11, 2015, 11:05:36 am »
Hey guys,
I just bought the Monoprice motion and temperature sensor but I can't seem to get it working (UI5). I paired the motion sensor but it gives me the message "Waiting for wakeup to configure device" and doesn't seem to be working correctly. I read that I need the iDoorcontact app for the temp sensor to work, but that didn't work for me either (I'm guessing because the motion sensor isn't set up correctly). Can anyone provide any help before I return this? Thanks!

Offline rafale77

Re: Monoprice motion/temp sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 10:28:16 am »
Make sure you put the sensor into pairing mode... by pushing a button with a pin in the back of the unit.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline tp546

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:36:26 am »
Make sure you put the sensor into pairing mode... by pushing a button with a pin in the back of the unit.
I did that - I think it paired fine because it shows up on my device list. It just doesn't work properly.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 10:40:57 am »
then go back to the device's advanced option and have it configure again. and push the button in the back. The fact that it says it is waiting for the device to wake up to configure means that it did not pair correctly. After finding the device, the configuration step is part of the pairing process. You sometimes need to manually wake up the device.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline tp546

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 11:29:07 am »
then go back to the device's advanced option and have it configure again. and push the button in the back. The fact that it says it is waiting for the device to wake up to configure means that it did not pair correctly. After finding the device, the configuration step is part of the pairing process. You sometimes need to manually wake up the device.

thanks! that seems to have made it work  ;D. now hopefully the temperature sensor will work too.

Offline pdipesh11

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 07:29:24 pm »
hi,

is your sensor is zwave or zwave plus? I have zwave sensor and it paired fine but zwave plus is issue
I am able to include it and it come up as some generic and I changed it to motion but then it stays at "Waiting for wakeup to configure device", I tried all possible thing, it look like you are able to pair so just want to know if it was zwave plus then what additional step you took ? (I think if you are not sure that your sensor is zwave or zwave plus then you check the zwave sticker on the back of the sensor and it clearly says if it is zwave or zwave plus sensor)
really appreciate your input
Thanks,
DIp

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:53:40 pm »
On UI5 in the advanced properties you can see the temp for use in luup or PLEG but it won't display on the web UI or in apps like Imperihome.

Look in the apps for itemp. IIRC, you have to enter your sensor's device id to create the sensor object in the dashboard.