We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Upgrade UI7 - 1.7.1569 ?  (Read 12206 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: New Upgrade UI7 - 1.7.1569 ?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »
Holding off on the update. Especially in view of the below error people are seeing. I rather keep my panels running. :)

Fail to load implementation file D_VirtualPanel.xml

Stay away.  The last three upgrades went fine for me.  This one not so much. I got cocky.   

I get the annoying camera emulation mode splashed across all my screens. 
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline Spanners

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 07:54:56 pm »

[/quote]

Stay away.  The last three upgrades went fine for me.  This one not so much. I got cocky.   

I get the annoying camera emulation mode splashed across all my screens.
[/quote]

*sigh* Me too... 3 HD Foscam's and 1 MJPEG Foscam reporting the emulation error.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 09:02:29 pm »
Holding off on the update. Especially in view of the below error people are seeing. I rather keep my panels running. :)

Fail to load implementation file D_VirtualPanel.xml

Damn I'm half tempted to upgrade to see if I can fix it.  What I'm afraid of is the z-wave firmware change.  Failing to load implementation files may have something to do with the package paths and easy enough to solve.  There have been multiple reports many plugins of it not finding the plugin files that are located in the cmh-ludl directory.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 09:11:58 pm »
I'm running firmware 1.7.649 which I believe incorporated the firmware update as I no longer have the manual heal option and my panels are running fine. As are my camera's. So these issue may have been introduced in 1.7.719. I really want to upgrade as it's supposed to fix my ZCOMBO units and some of my remaining Vision sensors with issues. But not at the loss of my virtual panels and cameras...

Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Inzax

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 10:08:01 pm »
I'm running firmware 1.7.649 which I believe incorporated the firmware update as I no longer have the manual heal option and my panels are running fine. As are my camera's. So these issue may have been introduced in 1.7.719. I really want to upgrade as it's supposed to fix my ZCOMBO units and some of my remaining Vision sensors with issues. But not at the loss of my virtual panels and cameras...

The cameras in my case still work.  I just have the annoying message splashed across the screen.  When I select the option to close, the message goes away.  These are basic IP camera that until now, have been very reliable.  They were made by ADT.  I am not sure of the manufacturer. 

If I use the mobile app.  The message does not appear.  It seems to only happen when using a browser.  In my case chrome.  Same result in IE 11.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline terencec

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 03:37:20 am »
I normally sit back for a bit but went straight in this time as I thought the new release might solve another problem I've been having. Now on 1.7.1569 but I think I am out of memory on the Edge. It's running but the Zwave light is going on and off slowly. If I don't open the UI the light eventually goes solid after a few hours. It's supporting an HVAC system and the cold weather (in UK) is about to hit so I'm keen to get back to a working system.

Have tried downgrading but without success. Tried ssh but don't have the password and wouldn't know what to delete anyway. It's really annoying since this is my third generation vera and it has been working very well until now.

I've raised a trouble ticket but waiting to hear from mcv. Does anyone know how I might get this sorted in the meantime as I desperately need to get the system working again.

With thanks.

Offline mht

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 04:04:16 pm »
After upgrading to 17.7.1569 all of my rooms disappered and only some of my devices where visible but with some generic names like _Appliance module. Vera UI also displayed the welcome messeges you get when first starting a new unconfigured vera edge.

Tried to restore from my locally stored backup. This failed - error during unpacking of the backup files. Tried some of my older backups with the same result.

Logged on to mios and tried to restore from my backups stored on mios server. That seems to have gotten my vera up and running again.

The only thing a have noticed so far is that the city in my registed location has changed.

I'm worried about that my locally stored backups didn't work. I have been reling on them as usable backups if everything else fails. Has anyone else experienced errors restoring from manually created backups?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »
Today I started dropping random wired zwave light switches.  Fun times.

I am done with this version.  The previous version was rock solid for me (1.7.1419).  Rolling back now.

Offline terencec

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:26 pm »
Hi mht,

I have seen many of the same problems - some devices visible, rooms lost and default device names.

I also cannot restore from my locally stored backups. Getting error message that the file cannot be unpacked.

As already posted I cannot downgrade.

Now waiting for mcv to respond to my tickets so I can have them repair my system.

Right now I am completely stuffed!

Offline Inzax

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2015, 06:06:50 pm »
@terehcec

Did you try installing the previous firmware via the firmware upgrade page. 

At this page http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

You can select the link for the firmware version you want for your device.  Paste that link in the firware tab where it says "advanced" then select the option to download.  When given the option to save a copy or revert back to factory I selected "factory settings."   

When the install is done, go to the backup tab and install one of your backups.  If memory serves you can download one of your backups to your desktop before you start this process.  I think I had to do that once. 

That got me back to zero and stable.

edit: yes, before you start go to the backup tab and download a backup pre firmware upgrade to your desktop. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:08:52 pm by Inzax »

Offline mht

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2015, 06:15:16 pm »
Hi terencec,

Have you tried restoring from a backup stored on mios?

Click on User & account info and log on. After that, click on Settings and Backup. Now you should see the autimatically created backups stored on mios. Select one and click Restore Download.

Offline terencec

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 03:47:56 am »
Hi mht

Yes I have tried restoring from my mcv backup. However this leaves the firmware level at 1.7.1569 and the problem of the blinking zwave light. The system seems to be trying to load hence my deduction that there is not enough free memory.

I am going to try Inzax's suggestion and will report back.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions.

Offline terencec

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2015, 04:24:36 am »
Thank you Inzax,

It worked. I am back to previous release and all is working.

Now that I know I can get back I will make another attempt at upgrading soon.

Rgds

Offline ZW-Tom

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2015, 03:29:05 pm »
I upgraded and now I can't get LUUP engine to load. I upgraded from 1.7.1248 which was working fine. I can't even log into VeraEdge to reinstall old firmware or backup.

Any idea's? Service ticket to Vera, but will not hold my breath.

Tom
UPDATE 11/21/2015:
I got it working again. If anyone else has this problem, this is how I did it.
Make sure you backed-up you VeraEdge and Z-wave network before you upgraded the firmware. You will need it.
1.) Power up Vera Edge.
2.) Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button on the right side of Vera for 30 seconds. This will reset to factory settings.
3.) Restart Vera and Log into home.getvera.com/dashboards/myunits and reconnect new device (your VeraEdge).
4.) If you have a link to your old firmware (I use 1.7.1248) insert the link under the Firmware Tab, URL for custom firmware, and click download.
5.) When that is complete, and the firmware update that you selected is now listed under Running Version, install your backup but click the check box to "Restore Z-wave network" before you start your backup restore.

I hope someday Vera can provide an update that does not trash all the work I have done getting this thing working the way I want it.
This is how I wanted to spend my Saturday (NOT!)

Tom

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:54:51 pm by ZW-Tom »

Offline slgiblin

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2015, 03:11:17 pm »
Vera Lite Users - don't do it.

I had to do factory reset and roll back to previous version.  did the whole process 3 times.and support is MIA on my requests.