We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Doorbird API released  (Read 20314 times)

Offline Albert1

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Doorbird API released
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 06:48:39 pm »
Jamr what I've done is to create a multiswitch. Then in the scenes triggered by Doorbird (doorbell, gate opening and motion sensed) add the multiswitch device, setting button 1,2 or 3 for each case. Be sure to set them as pulse buttons so they will go on for 200 ms. And then off again. Then you can create scenes when the desired multiswitch action is triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline serhito

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2017, 10:10:31 pm »
sorry if I don't sound technical, but I need to verify that it would be a system that would suit my needs.

I would like to install a doorbird at my driveway gate and be able to open the gate from my iPhone. I have been using Homewave.
I am not sure I understand how it works. Is it possible to fully integrate the video feed as well as triggering the opening of the gate from within homewave ?
Or... is it possible to open the gate from within the doorbird app. How would I do that ? Is it just a question of wiring the doorbird to the gate ? I looked at a video online where the guy clicks to open the garage from within the doorbird app but it seems to take him to the lift master app to open the garage. Is there a way to link that button and automatically open homewave to open the gate ?
Either or is fine, but if I have to tell my wife to use 2 different apps to talk to people and then open the gate, that will be a no go. LOL

As far as connecting the gate to vera, can I use the same system as was described to open a garage door with a relay ?

Thanks

Offline agame

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2017, 12:05:41 am »
the door bird API works perfectly. Both for upload of image, and for creating a virtual doorbell. I have my SONOS announce the doorbell using the text to speech capability of the SONOS plugin.

Offline Albert1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2017, 06:57:17 am »
Serhito,
It should work with home wave. Just follow the instructions posted earlier.

The Doorbird has connections on the back for Ethernet, relay, gate, doorbell and power. You will need to wire these. I use Ethernet with PoE. The app works very well.

With Vera I have video and scenes for the doorbell, open/stop/close the gate, gate opening, and motion. The only thing that cannot be done is to talk and listen.

Offline Albert1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:10 am »
http://www.doorbird.com/manual?mobile=true