We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to change language in UI  (Read 20691 times)

Offline pikaczu

How to change language in UI
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »
Hello everybody,

i would like to know how to change language in UI. Is it possible to edit some xml files and replace the main words in UI to another language? I also have question about what kind of web technology was used to create http UI in micasa verde? Was it CGI and HTML only or JS maybe somthing else?

Regards.

Offline pikaczu

Re: How to change language in UI
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:36:38 am »
Up my topic.

Nobody knows how to change it?

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:44:27 pm »
i would like to know how to change language in UI.

Hi pikaczu,

It won't be easy.  The English text is hardcoded into the HTML, and some dynamic English text is hardcoded into strings in JavaScript (and several sentences are built by concatenating strings, so if your language has a word order different to English then you'll have an even tougher time).  In short, the UI isn't internationalized at all.

mcvovidiu

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:13:04 pm »
Hi,

It's very "internationalized"! It's just that it's not public. We have a language translation tool build inhouse which we're using to build versions of the software in different languages.

Like futzle mentioned, it's not easy, in fact, it's not possible for you to change it. We can't afford to have all the language files stored on Vera, it's just not enough space on it. So, we're injection the text in different languages at build-time.

Just for curiosity, what language would you like to have installed? Currently, we have like 6 available, including: Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, German, French, Greek, Polish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.

And, if someone here is willing to translate it in other languages is more than welcome and it will even be rewarded by MiCasaVerde.

Thanks!

Offline huogas

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »
Just for curiosity, what language would you like to have installed? Currently, we have like 6 available, including: Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, German, French, Greek, Polish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.

Thanks for the info.
Is there something I can do to have my Vera in French ?

Gast
Vera2 UI4(1.1.1245/3.2), Kwikset x1, HM-DW001 x1, ZRP100 x1, HA-04WD x1, ZDP100 x6, HSM100 x2, VRI06-1LX x8, ZW5301 x1, HM-FS001 x2, ZRW103W x1, GE 45606 x2, HA05C x1, TED5000 x1

Offline cedriclocqueneux

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:45 am »
Bonjour Huogas,

C'est moi qui ait fait la traduction francaise. Je ne sais pas si tu connais d√©j√  mon blog, mais tu peux trouver la version francaise ici: http://www.maison-et-domotique.com/index.php/2011/01/31/interface-vera-disponible-en-francais-beta/

Je mettrai √  disposition les nouvelles versions au fur et √  mesure. Tu trouveras √©galement sur mon blog quelques astuces pour la Vera, car j'en parle r√©guli√®rement.

Offline huogas

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 06:01:51 am »
Bien noté Cédric.
Bravo pour ton blog.
Gast
Vera2 UI4(1.1.1245/3.2), Kwikset x1, HM-DW001 x1, ZRP100 x1, HA-04WD x1, ZDP100 x6, HSM100 x2, VRI06-1LX x8, ZW5301 x1, HM-FS001 x2, ZRW103W x1, GE 45606 x2, HA05C x1, TED5000 x1

Offline pikaczu

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 04:52:44 pm »
Hi,

It's very "internationalized"! It's just that it's not public. We have a language translation tool build inhouse which we're using to build versions of the software in different languages.

Like futzle mentioned, it's not easy, in fact, it's not possible for you to change it. We can't afford to have all the language files stored on Vera, it's just not enough space on it. So, we're injection the text in different languages at build-time.

And, if someone here is willing to translate it in other languages is more than welcome and it will even be rewarded by MiCasaVerde.

Thanks!

So I come from Poland and I would like to use Vera with my native language Polish. If I want buy Vera in Micasa shop it is possible that you will deliver me Vera with Polish language?

Offline mcardenas

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
Hi,

Thanks!

Hey it sounds pretty good. What should I do to get the Spanish one?

Offline mcardenas

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 11:58:46 am »
Hello, Anyone from MCV could help with changing the language to Spanish?

DevinMccarty

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:10 am »
I want to thank you for this informative. I really appreciate sharing this great post.

silviu.MCV

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 08:49:15 am »
Hi guys if you want the UI in Spanish please write an e-mail to support@micasaverde.com and we will gladly provide the upgrade link.

Offline cedriclocqueneux

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:07 am »
For information, the new french firmware is available here: http://www.maison-et-domotique.com/2011/05/19/vera-mise-a-jour-1-1-1265-en-francais

--------------------

Pour information, le nouveau firmware en francais est disponible ici: http://www.maison-et-domotique.com/2011/05/19/vera-mise-a-jour-1-1-1265-en-francais

Offline Henk

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »
Im willing to take a look at it to have a localized version in DUTCH over the summer.
Just some sideremarks on that offer right off;

a) cant do it alone probably
b) i might need some help getting started since coding and markuplanguages are not my regular thing....

So if anyone would like a dutch version, let me know.
Anyone from MCV that could let me know if this has been requested earlier?

Henk
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline jacob0451

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »

how can i get chinese version?