Author Topic: Please hold off upgrading to SQ Remote 1.01 for now. UPDATE: Issues resolved  (Read 9669 times)

Offline lcannon

Re: Please hold off upgrading to SQ Remote 1.01 for now.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »
I have upgraded to 995 and have had no luck with SQ finding my Vera system, all it says is No Service.  I can login into FindVera.com or go directly to the device via the IP address.  Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 04:49:49 pm »
I have upgraded to 995 and have had no luck with SQ finding my Vera system, all it says is No Service.  I can login into FindVera.com or go directly to the device via the IP address.  Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks

Hi lcannon,

We have a set of tips to get connected - please check here:
http://www.squareconnect.com/wiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting_the_connection_to_mios_vera

If this doesn't help please submit a support ticket and we will get on this immediately.
http://www.squareconnect.com/ticket/index.php

Thanks

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline Chimpware

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »

Thanks

I had same problem, go to Setup--> Control System--> Vera (or whatever you named it in SQ Remote) and put the IP address of Vera in.  That fixed it for me, although Vera IP address has not changed since, and I am not using Fixed IP for Vera.

Offline lcannon

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 01:47:09 pm »
I have installed sq on an iPad?  I am unsure how to get into sq setup?  When I start sq, I
 go to the carosel.  While there it says No Service in the bottom right.  I
 can click around in the tutorial but that is about it.  Very frusterating....  Is this because of the iPad?

Thanks for your help!

Offline CMRancho

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 02:03:51 pm »
No, it works great on my iPads and my iPhones. Are you just beginning your SQ Remote setup for the first time?
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline lcannon

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 11:10:12 pm »
I am just starting with SQ Remote.  I have 40+ switches/appliance modules controlled under a combination of VERA and Nevo.  I have had no issues with the home theater using Nevo, VERA on the other hand....  Well, you all see to know that story well.  I came across the SQ product and thought that it looked interesting for my new ipad.  I down loaded it, nothing.  I was running x.997, I saw the msg boards and installed x.995 and deleted the previously installed SQ application off of the ipad, still nothing.  When I launch the app I get the carousel tutorial, there is a box in the bottom left hand corner that says "No Service".  I have yet to figure out how to get into any type of update settings mode.  Perhaps I am just being dense but I've about had it.  I have followed the instructions on this board and those on the SQ board.  It looks like it could be a cool application but my z-wave/vera quotient is about exhausted this month.   This VERA thing is indeed a love hate relationship....

Any help is much appreciated.

Offline Chimpware

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »
Does not sound like you read any documentation at all. Read the docs, set it up and then post questions.

Offline mikeholczer

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 07:12:39 pm »
Have you submitted a 1.02 version to Apple or are you not supporting Vera versions before 1.0.995?

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 07:57:29 pm »
Have you submitted a 1.02 version to Apple or are you not supporting Vera versions before 1.0.995?

For UI2 We will not be supporting versions below 1.0.995.

For UI3 We will not be supporting versions below 1.1.228.

We will be supporting newer versions as they become stable, and we can validate them.

Mat