Author Topic: Schlage Deadbolt Status in SQ Remote  (Read 2499 times)

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
Schlage Deadbolt Status in SQ Remote
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »
I posted over at SQ Remote forum, but I did it in the New Features section.  I am now realizing that I should raise a ticket, but the fix really only applies to a Beta version of Vera's FW that isn't publicly available yet. 

It seems the Lock Button in SQ Remote is toggling state/status from pressing the button, when it should only change status based on what Vera's status of the lock is.  MCVrecently fixed this bug with Vera reporting status correctly, essentially Vera was doing the same thing Sq Remote is doing, giving false indication of a locked/unlocked door.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline Mark H.

• Global Moderator
Re: Schlage Deadbolt Status in SQ Remote
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42:03 am »
I have the same issue.

I hope this is at the top of the list for bug fixes.

Does anyone remember as a kid not remembering if you had turned the stove burner off before leaving the house?

Can you imagine the same horrible feeling when the status of the doors show unlocked?
Vera 2
Firmware: 1.5.101 Zwave: 3.20

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Schlage Deadbolt Status in SQ Remote
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:13:01 am »
SQ Remote collects the status of Vera every time that it polls the system, however it only collects information on what has changed sine the last time it polls (to keep network traffic down). If Vera is not updating the status change then SQ Remote will not know that the status has changed.

If you close and restart the app, this should give a complete refresh... (on OS4 you will need to CLOSE the app, not just put it in the background).

Please let me know if this is still an issue and we can raise it with MCV.
Square Connect Co-Founder