We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo Wind Gauge  (Read 17525 times)

Offline korttoma

Re: Netatmo Wind Gauge
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2016, 11:31:40 am »
It is easiest to see from the CO2 levels because they almost always change. You can login to my Netatmo account online to compare the values.

No fun trying to fix an issue you can not reproduce.
- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 12:11:03 pm »
It is easiest to see from the CO2 levels because they almost always change. You can login to my Netatmo account online to compare the values.

My (your) problem has specifically been with the wind gauge?  Do you actually have that indoors at the moment?

No fun trying to fix an issue you can not reproduce.

No indeed.

Is the attached any better?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 12:34:16 pm »
My (your) problem has specifically been with the wind gauge?  Do you actually have that indoors at the moment?

When I have the problem with data updates only the values for the Main indoor unit are updated, so no updates from additional indoor units, outdoor unit, rain or wind. I do have the wind unit outside at the moment but there is not much wind and I think there is allot of snow on the unit that might disturb it. According to the netatmo online site it veries between 0.3 and 0.6 but can stay at one of those values for up to 30min.

Is the attached any better?

Yes! No more lua error. But unfortunately I still do not get any data updates for other units only the Main one. So far I tried this without the Wind device in Vera. Adding it now.
- Tomas

Offline mda

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2016, 02:39:19 pm »
@korttoma - sorry for slightly off topic question but can I ask where you purchased your wind gauge? I can not seem to find them for sale. Thanks !

Offline korttoma

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2016, 04:30:18 pm »
Conrad.com
- Tomas

Offline korttoma

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2016, 06:53:51 am »
@akbooer, if you cannot reproduce my issue using UI5 and connection to my station I think you should not spend any more time trying to fix this. The wind data is just not that important at the moment. Besides I will replace my Veralite UI5 with a VeraPlus the next 2-3 months anyway.

Thanks for your effort.
- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2016, 06:58:56 am »
I will fix it, but as part of a major refactoring to make it easier to deploy though the App Store and add (even) more modules in future.

I notice with a degree of horror, that I started this in 2013.  It has grown a bit ugly since then, with incremental changes and two Netatmo API updates, so it needs some work.

If you're OK at the moment, then that's good.

Thanks
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2016, 07:12:30 am »
If you're OK at the moment, then that's good.

Yes, I am OK and I have no problem with waiting for a major refactoring, even if it takes 6 months. No preasure from my side.

Thanks again for everything!
- Tomas

Offline korttoma

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 04:09:27 am »
Just testing Version 4 and everything seems to work nicely.

One thing I noticed was that some of the variables available under the Wind device seems to show kph instead of m/s

MaxWindStr   23
GustStrength   11

23kph equals 6.388m/s ( this matches the 6.4 m/s highest wind gust recorded today )
11kph equals 3.05m/s (  this matches the current gust strength )

I'll let you know if I notice anything else.
- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:24 am »
One thing I noticed was that some of the variables available under the Wind device seems to show kph instead of m/s

Shame on me.  Can you try this?

Offline korttoma

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:55 am »
Shame on me.

No biggie, just thought I would mention it since I noticed it.

Can you try this?

That seems to fix it ;)

MaxWindStr   6.4
GustStrength   1.7

BTW, I also love that you now have the latest files available on github maybe there would also be an idea ti have a development branch for files like the one you just had me test?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:34:54 am by korttoma »
- Tomas

Offline crielv

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 03:56:27 pm »
Now i can see the child devices under controll and "device tree", but "only" the Wind Gauge - WindStr..is show under my devices.
1. Is it possible to display directions "more" from/in the device?
2. Loaded all the icons from latest update and put it under /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/ - but "only" the Green Netatmo is showing.
    Do i need to change some values?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »
Now i can see the child devices under controll and "device tree", but "only" the Wind Gauge - WindStr..is show under my devices.

I'll need a bit more information than that.  What settings do you have in your main Netatmo devices configuration variables?  What are you trying to achieve? By default, if you have specified 'W' as part of the ChildSensors variable value, then a WindStrength child device should be created.  It should display WindAngle on the front panel but also have things like GustStrength, etc., as its own child variables.  There should be a variable with a name something like WindGaugeChildren under the parent Netatmo device to which you can add the names of other wind variables you want as additional child devices.

1. Is it possible to display directions "more" from/in the device?

I don't quite understand the question - was this answered in any way in the above?

2. Loaded all the icons from latest update and put it under /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/ - but "only" the Green Netatmo is showing.
    Do i need to change some values?

What system are you running under?  Have you refreshed your browser? Perhaps an image of how your devices look on the UI will help me understand your problem.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:46:37 am by akbooer »

Offline boykster

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2016, 02:48:41 am »
Can anyone summarize how to add support for the weather gauge?  Ie - point to what files need to be uploaded and where they need to go (icons) for things to work?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:10 am »
What version are you running?  The las test from the App Store should do it.