Author Topic: Insteon mini remote not able to trigger scenes  (Read 1450 times)

Offline granthulbert

Insteon mini remote not able to trigger scenes
« on: December 05, 2015, 09:34:38 pm »
I have a 100% Insteon home, and have been able to get Vera with UI7 to initiate scenes by manually clicking the scene button in my browser. I am also able to trigger a scene from a wired-in Insteon wall dimmer switch.

But what I can't figure out is how to get a wireless RF remote Insteon mini switch to trigger a Vera scene. It works fine as a simple remote to the devices themselves, but doesn't seem to trigger anything in Vera.

What do I need to configure?

Offline granthulbert

Re: Insteon mini remote not able to trigger scenes
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 02:17:04 pm »
So is this supposed to even work? Where do I get support for this?

The whole point of Vera is to automate things, and I can't get the simplest thing to happen when I push the button on the Insteon mini remote.

Offline granthulbert

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 01:16:12 am »
[tap tap tap...is this thing on?]

I apologize if I'm asking for support in the wrong area; where does one go to get basic questions like this answered? Am I wrong in thinking that Vera works with Insteon?

Offline SailorFrag

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 02:00:01 am »
With UI5, Insteon support was limited to sending commands (and possibly periodically polling for status updates, I don't remember for sure).

I'm not sure about UI7.

I've been successfully using Altsteon on UI5 for a couple years and have an Insteon mini remote working correctly with it. It's a little difficult to set up initially but then works pretty well.

Offline granthulbert

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:54:37 pm »
Thank you, SailorFrag! I'd seen references to this Altsteon thing, but wasn't sure where to find it. Seems like it's not included in the basic MicasaVerde release.

Offline granthulbert

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 12:03:40 am »
Soooo...one little problem: step #1 of installing Altsteon on VeraLite is to download some files from http://www.geektaco.info/altsteon/

But no such website exists. :(

Offline LindsiWains

Insteon mini remote not able to trigger scenes
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:18:32 pm »
I ordered another Insteon Mini Remote Switch and I am able to link it to my insteon switches.  it links to them easily and well but it will not link to my ISY.  Any other suggestions?   Michel: is there a problem with ISY and these switches?