We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera and Samsung Gear S2 Smart Watch  (Read 3754 times)

Offline AEBogdan

• Sr. Newbie
Vera and Samsung Gear S2 Smart Watch
« on: December 30, 2015, 04:30:09 pm »
Just obtained a Samsung S2 Classic smart watch. Thought I'd mention how easy it was to setup to use with Vera thanks to all the great plug-ins available. Took less than an hour.

I already had Vera Alerts installed on my phone. To forward these notifications to the watch I simply had to use the Gear app and checked the box for Vera Alerts under Manage Notifications. Now the watch vibrates and displays all Vera Alerts notifications.

Here are the basic setup steps to run Vera scenes from the watch:

Install "Tasker" on the phone.
Install the "AutoVera" plugin on the Vera.
Install the "AutoVera" tasker plugin on the Phone.
Install "TaskS2 for Tasker" on the watch using the Gear phone app.
Create Tasker tasks for each scene you want to run by using the "Plugin" Action Category and selecting AutoVera / Scenes.

The TaskS2 watch app now displays a scrollable list of actions. Optionally assign some to Favorites. I selected a watch face that has app quick links on it so my list of Vera scenes is a wrist flip and single press away. Pretty nice.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Vera and Samsung Gear S2 Smart Watch
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »
Gear S2 got sent back to BestBuy after the speaker wouldn't work as good as my Gear 2 Neo. As much as I liked the watch the speaker and lack of andriod Apps, Watch faces and everything else Tizen left me wanting more. After have Tizen (gear 2 neo) for over a year I jumped to an andriod watch now. Imperihome app I use on my phone has a Watch app it's self. Watch faces can be animated and FACER or others are available in bundles.

Ended up with the LG Urbane 2, but after the S2 I tired the huawei, moto360 2 and now the LG.

Offline BestJoeyEver

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:45 am »
Gear S2 got sent back to BestBuy after the speaker wouldn't work as good as my Gear 2 Neo.

It's likely the speaker in the S2 didn't work as well as you expected because the Gear S2 DOES NOT contain a speaker at all.

Thought I'd mention how easy it was to setup to use with Vera thanks to all the great plug-ins available.

Thanks for proactively posting these instructions.  Very helpful!

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:41:40 pm »
Imperihome app I use on my phone has a Watch app it's self.

Ended up with the LG Urbane 2, but after the S2 I tired the huawei, moto360 2 and now the LG.

I have ImperiHome Pro but can't seem to find the watch app to use on my LG G watch. Can you tell me where you found it and what it is called?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
Imperihome app I use on my phone has a Watch app it's self.

I have ImperiHome Pro but can't seem to find the watch app to use on my LG G watch. Can you tell me where you found it and what it is called?

Nothing Special, I don't even know if I actually installed a separate app for the watch. With the newer apps they just install the watch companion if one is connected.

I just looked in the store and I don't see a separate watch app.