Author Topic: Hunter Douglas PowerView control with Vera and Amazon Echo  (Read 28052 times)

Offline wulften

Re: Hunter Douglas PowerView control with Vera and Amazon Echo
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2018, 04:25:05 am »
BUT... there is no way to make a static IP address if you are using the wifi connection to your router.
This info will help Gen2 users I think, with Gen1 it is possible to set the Hunter Douglas hub to a fixed ip, I find it strange that the Gen2 hub cannot be set fixed.

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2018, 11:01:27 am »
Let me clarify the no static IP comment - the HD app does not have a function to make it a static IP when using the wifi connection. It does when you are using the cabled connection. I don't know if you can work it from the other direction, ie having your router make a static IP address for the HD hub.

My hub is now hard wired, with a static IP assigned via the HD app and has been working very nicely. I rebooted the router just to check. The router reassigned all my IP addresses (and wrecked havoc with a wifi printer) except the HD Hub, which remained the same.

I believe the new hub/repeater resolved some of my issues with the HD system (so far).

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2018, 11:07:18 am »
BTW, I was remiss in not acknowledging Mike Q for the original posting of how to access the HD system via LUA code. Thanks Mike! If you had not done the work to discover this method, I would have been forced to rely on the rudimentary controls offered by the HD App.

Offline wulften

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2018, 01:19:10 am »
Mine is also wired, which allows me to set a static ip 8)
Seems to have been reset after a automatic firmware update :(

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2018, 01:44:41 am »
Wulften - Automatic firmware update??? The HD Gen2 hub does this? I'm away from home and have no way to determine this I think. If it has done this then all my Vera scenes will not be working. That stinks! I think I better activate my HD automations.