Author Topic: Fibaro wall plug not to assign to lights.  (Read 1529 times)

Offline anaptiksi

Fibaro wall plug not to assign to lights.
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:46:27 pm »
Hi to all,
I am new to Vera as you can understand from the question .
I want to use the wall plug to control a refrigerator so i dont want Vera to assign the wall plug to lights.When i turn off the lights i turn off the refrigerator:)
Please also tell me  some manuals for beginners.
Thank you in advance and happy new year to all!

Dimopoulos DImitrios

Offline Santos

Re: Fibaro wall plug not to assign to lights.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »
If you use a Fibaro wall plug the icon on the Vera interface shows up as a lightbulb but in fact, it will control whatever you connect to it (turning power on or off). I don't know how much a tipical refrigerator consumes in wattage, so please take care with that. I believe the Fibaro wall plug can take up to 2500 Watt. Apart from that, it should work. However, I'm not sure you should be turning your fridge on and off.

Regarding user manuals, I'm learing  A LOT from this forum, so please visit daily :)

I hope this helps!

Offline FredrikY

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:39 pm »
Do I understand you correctly if you DO NOT want the wallplug to show up as a lightswitch so you may use the shortcut turn off all lights, without turning off tge refridgerator ?

Ie Is it possible to configure the wall plug to show up as anything other then a lightswitch?

I would also like to know if that is possible...

Offline Santos

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 05:23:49 am »
Do I understand you correctly if you DO NOT want the wallplug to show up as a lightswitch so you may use the shortcut turn off all lights, without turning off tge refridgerator ?

Ie Is it possible to configure the wall plug to show up as anything other then a lightswitch?

I would also like to know if that is possible...

FredrikY, what I sugest is that you create your onw "Turn off all lights" scene so that you can choose which one you do turn on/off. If you want to go even deeper, maybe you can create a scene for each room to turn off all the lights on that room and then another scene that just runs each room scene. This way it should be easy to maitain as well as very flexible in terms of use.

Unfortunately some devices show up as "lights" to Vera but in fact they do not control power bulbs so hopefully Vera will allow us to remove that shortcut from the user interface (or better yet, allow us to call our own scene).

I hope this helps.