Author Topic: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect  (Read 31811 times)

Offline jquincy

Re: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 09:24:11 am »
I deleted my previous Plugin and made a new one with version 1.08. It discovered a TV instead of a Smart Bridge.   The bridge I have is L-BDGPRO2. I entered the Mac address and the IP Address before  this morning and it populated all of my Caseta switches and Pico's.

Thank you very much for the work you put into this plugin

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:52 am »
It discovered a TV instead of a Smart Bridge.   The bridge I have is L-BDGPRO2.

That's not good... What brand of TV did it find?

I obviously need to tune the ARP search a bit... What are the first 6 digits of the MAC address for your bridge?
EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - MyQGateway

Offline jquincy

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 11:27:43 am »
It found a  LG tv.
The first 6 digits are 68:C9:0B

Offline jquincy

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
I was wrong. It found the Apple-TV
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:55:54 am by jquincy »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 02:30:11 am »

new version (v1.0.12) available in the first post of the thread...

v1.0.12     (Version ID: 30161) January 23, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
-- fixed - could not set Lutron Username or Password from options tab
-- fixed - expanded MAC address filter for ARP device discovery
-- changed - set device variables only if changed
-- fixed - initial child device status not set for devices connected to a SmartBridge (non-pro)
-- added - optional instant status mechanism for SmartBridge (non-pro)
-- fixed - MQTT connection lost after initial keep-alive-time

EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - MyQGateway

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 08:55:30 am »
new version (v1.0.14) available in the first post of the thread...

v1.0.14     (Version ID: 30164) January 23, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
-- fixed - luup io routine does not process  LIP responses

Offline jquincy

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 07:42:33 pm »
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure I have done this 100% correct so here goes. I went to Develop Apps-Luup files.. Downloaded all of 7 pf the files. Hit go.Reloaded Luup. Everything seems to be working perfectly.I had devices created from the previous version but now they accurately reflect if the lights are on or off.

Great... Thanks again for the work. I love the Caseta switches and there is never a problem with them getting out of sync.

Wife and family love them also.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 12:14:07 am »
New version (v1.0.16) available in the first post of the thread.

v1.0.16     (Version ID: 30182) January 24, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
-- fixed - setTarget action fails under certain circumstances
-- added - initial support for openluup
** NOTE: When running under openluup, due to limitations of the io implementation, LIP and MQTT support are not functional.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 09:56:28 am »
I downloaded the new files to upgrade to v 1.0.16. I am still using the Radio RA2 plugin also. When I switch of/on a light the RadioRA2 pluging reports the status in 1 second. The Caseta plugin took 15 seconds today to update the status

Offline Wekurtz74

PLUGIN: Caseta Connect
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 06:19:19 pm »
Has anyone tried this with the Lutron L-BDG2-WH Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge, HomeKit-enabled version?  I am new to lutron device hubs, and wasn't sure if this is just a slightly different version of the models listed in the OP, or the same model.  Thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:10:06 pm by Wekurtz74 »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 02:11:06 am »
Has anyone tried this with the Lutron L-BDG2-WH Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge, HomeKit-enabled version?

The "-WH" is a ordering suffix for the device... The actual model is L_BDG2 = SmartBridge 2

So yes, the plugin has been tested with this device, and it does work.

Offline Wekurtz74

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »

Has anyone tried this with the Lutron L-BDG2-WH Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge, HomeKit-enabled version?

The "-WH" is a ordering suffix for the device... The actual model is L_BDG2 = SmartBridge 2

So yes, the plugin has been tested with this device, and it does work.

Thank you.  I got nervous when I saw HomeKit.  I was afraid there were two versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 11:10:33 pm »
I got nervous when I saw HomeKit.  I was afraid there were two versions.

There are two versions... The original models (L_BDG and L_BDGPRO) and the version 2 (L_BDG2 and L_BDGPRO2).

The only difference between the two version in Homekit support, which was added to the version 2 models (L-BDG2 and L-BDGPRO2).

All (currently 4) devices in the Caseta SmartBridge family are supported by the Caseta Connect plugin. Homekit support is NOT handled by the plugin. You need to use the Lutron Caseta app or other homekit enabled app to configure and use the Homekit functionality.

Offline sargein

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2016, 03:42:53 am »
Hi - I am trying to setup this on Vera2. I keep getting "Caseta Connect[6] : Startup Lua Failed".
I have tried installing the plugin from App Store as well as manually (even with restart Luup option) and not working so far.
Any ideas?

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 03:02:21 am »
I am trying to setup this on Vera2.

The Vera2 is a long discontinued model, and I do not have one available to me for development.

It is possible that the underlying OpenWRT does not have the required support programs needed by the plugin.

Without your LuaUPnP logs, it is impossible to tell what the issue is.