Author Topic: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect  (Read 39504 times)

Offline gzappala

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2017, 12:48:38 am »
Lutron Caseta Dimmer PRO does NOT work with plugin version 1.82 -   I've also had some issues with PICO remotes, but was able to stabilize them after 1.82; however, my Dimmer PRO (PD-10NXD) does not respond at all.  Any ideas?

Offline mhofman

« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:54 am »
The latest firmware and Mobile App update (October 5, 2017) for the Lutron Caseta SmartBridge controllers is more than just a key change.

This "upgrade" is a redesign to allow the mobile app to work with the "RadioRa2 Select" main repeater. The Caseta firmware update changes the operation of the Caseta SmartBridge to be more like the RadioRa2 hardware.

To summarize the changes:

1) The Leap SSH server (which allows use of the non-pro SmartBridge devices) has been given a new RSA key. The new mobile app no longer uses the leap server, so a working RSA key is not embedded in the Mobile App, and the server is effectively unusable.

2) A new LEAP server has been implemented as an HTTP over TLS server using a custom self-signed RSA keypair. The mechanism that has been implemented is such that each individual device running the Mobile App obtains its own individual unique RSA Keypair.

3) The LIP telnet server is unchanged, so use of a pro model SmartBridge is still possible.

4) Other changes that do not directly affect plugin operation.

The plugin has been updated (version 1.80) to allow use of already configured devices with a Pro model SmartBridge.

As of right now, new installations of the plugin will not work, as the plugin has no operational mechanism to configure devices.

further updates will address this issue as reverse engineering efforts progress.

After doing a bit of MITM of the Lutron app, I figured how to connect to the new TLS LEAP server.

Each Smart Bridge has a unique root CA called local cert. I'm not sure if it's permanent or changes on hardware resets.
When linking the bridge to the Lutron Cloud, I believe the Lutron cloud generates an intermediary CA (called remote cert) and asks the Smart Bridge to sign it with its root.
When logging in the Lutron app, the app generates a private key and Certificate Signing Request, which it sends out to the Lutron API. The intermediary CA in the cloud signs the app certificate and returns it to the app, along with the certificate of the intermediary CA, and other bridge info (including what seems to be credentials for Xively).

The app authenticates to the Lutron API using a regular OAuth flow (one time use code flow, immediately substituted for an access token)

After the pairing request, the app connects to the Xively service and discovers the local IP of the bridge. It can then attempt to connect directly to the bridge using the client cert retrieved during the pairing.

I wrote a crude bash script that will go through the OAuth flow (you'll need to copy paste some URL in the browser), generate a certificate, make a pairing call, and verify that the signed certificate works to connect to the bridge.
It doesn't connect to Xively so you'll need to provide the local IP of the bridge if you want to do the connection verification.

The script is available here: https://gist.github.com/mhofman/f8e1fdd5dce49abacf5fd776fb3727ce

I'll let others fix their integrations. I'm not sure if the LEAP protocol has changed, but if not, it should be a simple matter of switching the SSH connection for a TLS connection authenticated with the generated cert. The certificates are valid for 10 years.

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2017, 12:25:47 pm »
I updated to 1.80 and it works using existing configuration.

However, some of Lutron devices were not working properly.
It looks like their IDs changed. In Vera, under Advanced device options, I found "altid" field that contains the ID of the device.
And for example, a dimmer that, according to Integration Report, should have ID 10, had altid set to Caseta_DIMMER_11_6_0.
I changed it to Caseta_DIMMER_10_6_0, rebooted, and it started working properly. I had to change a couple of devices,
some of them bounced back to the previous ID after reboot so I tried again.
Eventually, everything started to work.

I also tried 1.82, but on the summary page it was showing:
Code: [Select]
Installation error
Mismatched Files

I_CasetaConnect.xml
J_CasetaConnect.js
S_CasetaConnect.xml

It would sometimes show that error and device list, and sometimes a field to paste the Integration Report.
But pressing "Process" did not do anything. Maybe because I already had an existing configuration.
I haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing the plugin to start from scratch because I didn't want to have to re-do the entire configuration.

So, for now, I'm running 1.80.

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:55 pm »
Curious on this as well.  1.76 is showing as the latest version for me, undertoe's URL gives me the error below.

"error on line 2 at column 50: xmlns:u: 'Unknown Service' is not a valid URI"

That just means that there were some issues with the xml returned.
Just look below that, at the actual message. If it says "OK" it means all went well.

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:14 pm »
Lutron Caseta Dimmer PRO does NOT work with plugin version 1.82 -   I've also had some issues with PICO remotes, but was able to stabilize them after 1.82; however, my Dimmer PRO (PD-10NXD) does not respond at all.  Any ideas?

If you have existing configuration try 1.80. Just compare "altid" fields of the devices against integration report. In my case, some IDs changed (see my post above).

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2017, 12:02:13 am »

v1.88     (Version ID: 34682) October 13, 2017
-- changed - removed support for LEAP SSH server
-- added - support for LEAP SSL server
-- changed - Lutron credentials are required for non-pro bridges and for autoconfig on all bridges

This version returns plugin operation to the state it was before the October 5, 2017 firmware/Mobile App/API update.
EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - Broadlink RM - MyQGateway

Offline techxsolutions

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2017, 10:52:23 am »
I have the pro version prior to reading the post I uninstalled the app and re installed it. keeps saying failed to load devices. what am I missing. should I use a different version of the app?  I am running v 1.88
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:56:05 am by techxsolutions »

Offline Wekurtz74

« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2017, 11:21:04 am »
I have the pro version prior to reading the post I uninstalled the app and re installed it. keeps saying failed to load devices. what am I missing. should I use a different version of the app?  I am running v 1.88

I have the non pro version. On v 1.88.  And am getting the failed to load bridge configuration error..  I tried uninstall and reinstall.  I have entered my email address and password where requested,  but I still get this error.

Offline michelhamelin

« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2017, 12:05:35 pm »
Same for me

I have the non pro version. On v 1.88.  And am getting the failed to load bridge configuration error..  I tried uninstall and reinstall.  I have entered my email address and password where requested,  but I still get this error.

Offline asterix406

« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2017, 01:07:20 pm »
Also non-pro and v1.88. I get status of Start-up Failed. This happens after it tries LIP synchronization.

The summary page says LIP:   AVAILABLE        LEAP:   NOT AVAILABLE

It also says NOTE: Device status update and control is only available with Pro model bridges!  Is this correct with v1.88?

Offline rroyter

« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2017, 10:26:56 pm »

I have the same issue and I have the Pro2 bridge. The existing integration failed a couple of weeks ago as far as I recall, so i readded, reinstalled, etc, no luck. Any ideas?

Offline xluthor

« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2017, 02:13:08 am »
Hi All - First off, thank you for the fantastic work on this app.

I have updated to the latest vera firmware version and i'm running the latest version of this app.  I have a Pro 2 bridge.

A couple of big issues for my system deployment:

1. Pico remotes have stopped working
2. Devices aren't bring auto discovered (I just bought and added another Pico remote) even with adding my credentials to the bridge.

I've noticed that scenes are failing now but are actually working.  It seems like the Lutron system is not providing any feedback to the Vera system (hence no Pico remote actions / scenes reporting as failing)

What can I do to help with troubleshooting?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:39:55 am by xluthor »

Offline jquincy

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »
Running 1.88 . I cannot get past "Failed to load Bridge Config". Any ideas how to get past that?

Offline markebby

« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »
Version 1.88 is simple non-functional

Offline markebby

« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2017, 11:34:55 pm »
plugin verison 1.90
firmware: 1.7.3232

It is still not working!  It used to work just fine.