Author Topic: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect  (Read 52639 times)

Offline Manfell

Re: PLUGIN: Caseta Connect
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2017, 07:40:38 pm »
No control of any Casteta lighting at all on 1.65 or .1.76

Offline fslec

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »
Same here... Vera Plus ui7 - reloaded plugin - it finds bridge (pro) but get "Could not load Bridge Configuration."  Bridge does work using Lutron phone app, but no control with vera.
Thanks

Offline knaack

« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2017, 07:41:49 pm »
Ended up trying HomeSeer (had a copy in case Vera ever kicked the bucket) with the Caseta Plugin, and it looks like I replicated the issue noted in the link I posted above.  Essentially, with SSH disabled, I was able to manually add and control switches and dimmers in Homeseer, but I couldn't automatically add all my switches (required manual adding of all the tested switches).  It seems like Lutron changed the public key, and Caseta Connect is using the old version and thus not communicating appropriately. 

I'm not skilled enough with coding to figure out how to change the default behavior of Caseta Connect to use the stored configuration on the Vera (or if that's even possible without re-adding every switch manually) and turn off the SSH communication and just use the telnet protocol.  I would assume that would "fix" the issue for those of us with Pro's.  But take all of this with a grain of salt and the disclaimer that I'm not a programmer.

Offline axornet

« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2017, 08:44:46 pm »
I am a happy user of the plugin since the 1st version. I start having a problem with the plugin since 2 o 3 days ago. I am getting the following message: Status: Failed to load bridge config Version: 1.76
The Bridge is working when I connect directly with telnet or using the Lutron app.

Any Ideas?

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:46 pm »
The latest firmware and Mobile App update (October 5, 2017) for the Lutron Caseta SmartBridge controllers is more than just a key change.

This "upgrade" is a redesign to allow the mobile app to work with the "RadioRa2 Select" main repeater. The Caseta firmware update changes the operation of the Caseta SmartBridge to be more like the RadioRa2 hardware.

To summarize the changes:

1) The Leap SSH server (which allows use of the non-pro SmartBridge devices) has been given a new RSA key. The new mobile app no longer uses the leap server, so a working RSA key is not embedded in the Mobile App, and the server is effectively unusable.

2) A new LEAP server has been implemented as an HTTP over TLS server using a custom self-signed RSA keypair. The mechanism that has been implemented is such that each individual device running the Mobile App obtains its own individual unique RSA Keypair.

3) The LIP telnet server is unchanged, so use of a pro model SmartBridge is still possible.

4) Other changes that do not directly affect plugin operation.

The plugin has been updated (version 1.80) to allow use of already configured devices with a Pro model SmartBridge.

As of right now, new installations of the plugin will not work, as the plugin has no operational mechanism to configure devices.

further updates will address this issue as reverse engineering efforts progress.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:32:54 pm by cybrmage »

Offline Wekurtz74

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:04 pm »
So those of us with the regular "non-pro" versions of this smartbridge are SOL?  (That anger is directed at Lutron, not cybrmage)  Is that correct?  Can we still use wink as a work around?  I went Lutron for the shades, and those are a big investment

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:15:00 pm by Wekurtz74 »

Offline knaack

« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »
Thanks so much for the info and update, cybrmage!  Everything is back working well with my Smartbridge Pro.

Am I correct in assuming that, at this point in time, any changes to devices paired with the smartbridge will not be reflected in Vera as well (or adding/removing new switch/dimmer, etc.)?

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2017, 01:11:41 am »
The plugin has been updated (version 1.80) to allow use of already configured devices with a Pro model SmartBridge.

If I uninstalled and re-installed the plugin (I thought it would help, before there were any posts on the forum) I'm still screwed?
I have the pro model.

EDIT: Turns out I had a configuration backup, so I got all the devices back.
They are still not functioning, and the app page shows current version: 1.76.
I'm assuming I need to wait for the update to show up?

Also, I'm not sure what the format of the configuration data was, but it's still possible to obtain a JSON "Integration Report" through the app.
Maybe that JSON data could somehow be fed to the plugin? It would only work with the PRO bridge, but it's better than nothing...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:13:15 am by sjakub »

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:22 am »
I see that there should be a v1.82  version that has support for getting the config from the integration report. That's great!

Is there a way to manually update the plugin, if my Vera keeps saying that the latest version is 1.76?

Offline undertoe

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2017, 10:01:12 am »
I see that there should be a v1.82  version that has support for getting the config from the integration report. That's great!

Is there a way to manually update the plugin, if my Vera keeps saying that the latest version is 1.76?

http://<your ip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8588&Version=<Version ID>

replace <your ip> with your vera ip
replace <Version ID> with the latest version id: 34640

Watch status in UI give it about 3-4 mins and you should be on the latest
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline undertoe

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2017, 10:05:34 am »
Cybrmage I am running 1.82 latest works good, however it will not add a new device i just added. Is there any way to manually do that?

I have a PRO2 model

As of right now, new installations of the plugin will not work, as the plugin has no operational mechanism to configure devices.

further updates will address this issue as reverse engineering efforts progress.

Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline moeyyy

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2017, 05:49:35 pm »
So those of us with the regular "non-pro" versions of this smartbridge are SOL?  (That anger is directed at Lutron, not cybrmage)  Is that correct?  Can we still use wink as a work around?  I went Lutron for the shades, and those are a big investment

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Curious on this as well.  1.76 is showing as the latest version for me, undertoe's URL gives me the error below.

"error on line 2 at column 50: xmlns:u: 'Unknown Service' is not a valid URI"

I hope this isn't the end of it for non-pro Caseta users.

Offline sjakub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
Cybrmage I am running 1.82 latest works good, however it will not add a new device i just added. Is there any way to manually do that?
I have a PRO2 model

Use Lutron mobile app. In advanced settings (where you enabled Telnet access) there is an option to generate an integration report.
E-mail it to yourself and feed it to the plugin under 'summary' of the smart bridge device.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:19:53 pm by sjakub »

Offline gzappala

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2017, 12:48:38 am »
Lutron Caseta Dimmer PRO does NOT work with plugin version 1.82 -   I've also had some issues with PICO remotes, but was able to stabilize them after 1.82; however, my Dimmer PRO (PD-10NXD) does not respond at all.  Any ideas?

Offline mhofman

« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:54 am »
The latest firmware and Mobile App update (October 5, 2017) for the Lutron Caseta SmartBridge controllers is more than just a key change.

This "upgrade" is a redesign to allow the mobile app to work with the "RadioRa2 Select" main repeater. The Caseta firmware update changes the operation of the Caseta SmartBridge to be more like the RadioRa2 hardware.

To summarize the changes:

1) The Leap SSH server (which allows use of the non-pro SmartBridge devices) has been given a new RSA key. The new mobile app no longer uses the leap server, so a working RSA key is not embedded in the Mobile App, and the server is effectively unusable.

2) A new LEAP server has been implemented as an HTTP over TLS server using a custom self-signed RSA keypair. The mechanism that has been implemented is such that each individual device running the Mobile App obtains its own individual unique RSA Keypair.

3) The LIP telnet server is unchanged, so use of a pro model SmartBridge is still possible.

4) Other changes that do not directly affect plugin operation.

After doing a bit of MITM of the Lutron app, I figured how to connect to the new TLS LEAP server.

Each Smart Bridge has a unique root CA called local cert. I'm not sure if it's permanent or changes on hardware resets.
When linking the bridge to the Lutron Cloud, I believe the Lutron cloud generates an intermediary CA (called remote cert) and asks the Smart Bridge to sign it with its root.
When logging in the Lutron app, the app generates a private key and Certificate Signing Request, which it sends out to the Lutron API. The intermediary CA in the cloud signs the app certificate and returns it to the app, along with the certificate of the intermediary CA, and other bridge info (including what seems to be credentials for Xively).

The app authenticates to the Lutron API using a regular OAuth flow (one time use code flow, immediately substituted for an access token)

After the pairing request, the app connects to the Xively service and discovers the local IP of the bridge. It can then attempt to connect directly to the bridge using the client cert retrieved during the pairing.

I wrote a crude bash script that will go through the OAuth flow (you'll need to copy paste some URL in the browser), generate a certificate, make a pairing call, and verify that the signed certificate works to connect to the bridge.
It doesn't connect to Xively so you'll need to provide the local IP of the bridge if you want to do the connection verification.

The script is available here: https://gist.github.com/mhofman/f8e1fdd5dce49abacf5fd776fb3727ce

I'll let others fix their integrations. I'm not sure if the LEAP protocol has changed, but if not, it should be a simple matter of switching the SSH connection for a TLS connection authenticated with the generated cert. The certificates are valid for 10 years.