We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Unable to read stream: Using Android IP Webcam app  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Juupjuup

Unable to read stream: Using Android IP Webcam app
« on: January 08, 2016, 12:52:05 pm »
I'm dabbling in setting up some internal cameras in my home using some old Android phones that I have lying around with this software:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam

I'm able to install and start the web cams from the phones.  I also had no problems installing them directly in Vera and viewing them through the Imperihome app as a Vera cam however when I try to add them directly in Imperihome I get an error:  Unable to read stream.

I currently do not have any passwords enabled on the cameras and I'm using the default port 8080.  Any ideas as to why Imperihome can't natively connect to these cameras?

Thanks.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Unable to read stream: Using Android IP Webcam app
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 01:55:13 pm »
I'm dabbling in setting up some internal cameras in my home using some old Android phones that I have lying around with this software:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam

I'm able to install and start the web cams from the phones.  I also had no problems installing them directly in Vera and viewing them through the Imperihome app as a Vera cam however when I try to add them directly in Imperihome I get an error:  Unable to read stream.

I currently do not have any passwords enabled on the cameras and I'm using the default port 8080.  Any ideas as to why Imperihome can't natively connect to these cameras?

Thanks.

Need info on what camera and what URL your using.

EDIT: I see using a phone.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 01:59:56 pm »
Are you using the MJPEG and MPEG4 format for streaming?

Imperihome only supports

"MJPEG, MPEG4, h264"

I also know that you need to have a URL inputed for the Still's before the Stream will work.

Offline Juupjuup

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 03:09:41 pm »
I have the option of a few codecs however I did select MP4 (.h264/AAC) and it's still not working. I'll try another IP cam app and see if I get anywhere.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 03:25:37 pm »
I have the option of a few codecs however I did select MP4 (.h264/AAC) and it's still not working. I'll try another IP cam app and see if I get anywhere.

I'm asumming for kicks you tried both the links in a web browser right?

Both are working right?

Post the local Http (minus user and passwords if you are using them) your using to see if we can spot anything.

Offline Juupjuup

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 03:55:11 pm »

I'm asumming for kicks you tried both the links in a web browser right?

Both are working right?

Post the local Http (minus user and passwords if you are using them) your using to see if we can spot anything.

Yes, I tried the links in a web browser and they worked perfectly fine.

I tried a different camera app and then associated it with Imperihome and it's working perfectly so it seems that there's something in this app that makes it incompatible with Imperihome.  Thanks for your help.