Author Topic: 1.7.739 issue (might not be related to beta) / "ZWave : Failed To Start"  (Read 1589 times)

Offline liko

I've been having slowness and other issues including devices becoming unresponsive on my VeraLite.  When one of those was my thermostat (which had all of my set back parameters to not have the heat running as high at night, for example) - I decided to properly delete all of my devices and start over with a factory reset.  I really got tired of waking up to a very frigid house when the scene that would increase the temperature didn't run.

I began receiving the message "ZWave : Failed To Start" at the top of my UI7 login screen after removing the last device (which is naturally the step where I'd reset my Z-wave network too).  I've read in other threads that this error is near impossible to properly troubleshoot, and is typically due to a non-responsive or improperly responding device.  At this point, I've removed power (batteries or plugs) from all of my devices with the exception of a wall switch and two outlets (given how I'd have to cut the power at the breaker and physically remove them from the wall).  I updated to the beta 1.7.739 just to see if it made any difference, which it didn't.  Has anyone successfully troubleshot this with any success?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:45:20 pm by liko »

Offline mcv.bogdanf

• Steering Box Fanclub
  • Administrator
  • Did you change the oil ?
Re: 1.7.739 issue (might not be related to beta) / "ZWave : Failed To Start"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:49:38 am »
Hello,

Can you fill out the form below and send us a trouble ticket ?
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Be sure to include your Vera unit serial number and the tech support access code. You can enable it by going to Settings > Customer Care - and then clicking on the Enable button at the bottom of the page.
We'll look into it right away and get back to you shortly.

Thanks.

Offline liko

Re: 1.7.739 issue (might not be related to beta) / "ZWave : Failed To Start"
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 09:07:28 am »
I did that and support reset my VeraLite to the non-beta version after I got it back on the network by going into OpenWRT failsafe mode.  I was then able to reset my Z-Wave network and start from scratch (which is what I wanted to do the entire time).