We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZipaTile (from Zipato) looks like a VERY interesting new HA Controller  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Aaron

Interesting all-in-one controller with nice looking features and a price point that ROCKS if it delivers on the features it touts...
https://www.zipato.com/product/zipatile/

... it is missing Zigbee (maybe radio could be added via USB?), and looks like the Ethernet over USB might mean "Buy a USB to Ethernet adapter dude."

Definitely an Android tablet with radios/sensors attached inside a new wrapper (case)... which is very smart/efficient and exactly what I told Vera they should have done in several threads over the past 2 years.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: ZipaTile (from Zipato) looks like a VERY interesting new HA Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:13:10 am »
Very cool, and at a great price.  More or less why I started the HomeWave app: to end up with something like this :)

The bolted on features are interesting as well: motion and gesture sensors, SIP client, intercom...   It seems to be intended as a 1-per-room device, so I am assuming it'll play nice being a slave in an existing Z-Wave network.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:20 am »
Looks great but I will wait and see what its like. Will be hard to replace Imperihome as my go to tablet device in kitchen.

Offline JasonJoel

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:35:38 am »
Yeah... The zipabox controller kind of sucks, mainly due to software and vendor support.

This would definitely be a 'wait and see' for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline Aaron

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:58:06 am »
Guys I think you are missing the point... it is NOT a Homewave/Imperihome alternative. It is a Hub/Controller.. a Vera alternative.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:08:30 am »
It's got a Noice sensor.

That's nise.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 09:39:55 pm »
I just checked the evertygo site and. zipato is supported by imperihome.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 08:45:23 pm »
Guys I think you are missing the point... it is NOT a Homewave/Imperihome alternative. It is a Hub/Controller.. a Vera alternative.

It seems to be both.  You can have one of these as your HA hub, though I don;t know how feature-rich it'll be.  But it looks like it can also act as a slave wall mounted controller, in which case you'd probably have a couple of these, each with scenes specific to the room it's in.  I doubt it'll kick off Vera scenes (or scenes on another Z-Wave master controller), but it would be awesome if it did.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 10:12:51 pm »
I like that someone took a stock Android tablet and turned it into a sensor platform as much as a control panel. Let's face it, almost every tablet has a camera, accelerometer, and microphone.

So my question is, how much would we pay for an app that turns a $50 amazon fire into a control panel and sensor? Because that is what this is.