Author Topic: Stringify vs IFTTT  (Read 2662 times)

Offline brianrozs5br

• Sr. Newbie
Stringify vs IFTTT
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:03 am »
https://www.stringify.com
I've been following the IFTTT thread for some time and have seen little if any progress.
Stringify seems to be more flexible than IFTTT and I don't yet see any VERA/Z-wave integration although there does seems to be things like on/off switches, dimmer switches, etc.
App is currently only available for Apple (Lord only knows why given the huge number of Android users by comparison) but Android version is apparently  'in the works'.
Any opinions?

Sent from my SM-P901 using Tapatalk

Offline marymac

Re: Stringify vs IFTTT
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »
I would sure like it if Stringify would work with Vera.   I feel like my z-wave VeraLite is so much less flexible than many of the controllers available today. 

Offline mtruppi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:07:18 pm »
I would sure like it if Stringify would work with Vera.   I feel like my z-wave VeraLite is so much less flexible than many of the controllers available today. 

Sadly I agree.  Vera has so much going for it, and yet so much holding it back.  I have been using Vera for years now, and for the most part it has been trouble free after working around the pitfalls that seem to persist firmware after firmware.  Vera should realize there are some serious issues when people are still using a several year back UI5 instead of UI7.  Instead of the core issues it seems service level items like cloud storage is what they are concerned with.

Vera very much needs to step up to the feature set most controllers at this point offer.  I think Vera is one of the only Zwave mainstream companies without a native connected home app on Alexa, conditional programing has to use PLEG, and a host of other things that they have ignored.  Vera should thank their lucky stars PLEG is there, without it and the functionality it gives, many people would have been gone a long time ago. 

I just purchased a full featured UD ISY to mess with, and one of the only things holding me back from moving over is mobile device connectivity.  I love the functionality VeraMate gives, and that will be the hardest thing to leave behind if/when I move away from Vera.
Vera Plus bridged to Vera 3 over 10G house/building.  Schlage FE599s, Motion sensors, switches, micro dimmers, garage/door/window sensors, Nest, Dakota Murs driveway/mailbox triggers, 14 HIK Cameras, Ted, Alexa Echo/dots, geolocation, ping sensors, VeraMate

Offline Nameless

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:03:01 pm »
I recently discovered Stringify on Android and really, really like it. It does a great job of bridging incompatibility gaps. I use it to easily setup a series of triggers, such as clicking on a shortcut on my phone when I leave work. It starts a 10 minute timer, then turns my Honeywell thermostat up, waits another 10 minutes and then tells my Wink Hub 2 to turn on some of my Sengled bulbs, starts another 5 minute timer then sends a trigger to IFTTT to fire up some WeMo outlets. In fact, it works with nearly everything except Vera.

If Vera ever gets their IFTTT channel finished, I can integrate everything I need. Cloud based issues aside, it's the best hope for integrating competing company products. Integrating direct with Stringify would be even better.