We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.7.760 Released  (Read 13040 times)

Offline Santos

Re: 1.7.760 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »
After reading all the posts, I decided to upgrade my Vera Edge. It was a nice and smooth upgrade!!! :D

Everything seems to be working properly with nothing weird changed. The good thing is that my NodOn Octan Remote command is now properly showing the button "names" (#1,#2,#3, and #4) instead of "false, false, false, false" that it was showing before. Apparently there is also a polling/wake up interval that I don't remember seeing there before - which hopefully will put away an annoying message saying the "device was not found".

Again, smooth upgrade so far!

Offline jlind

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 07:05:12 pm »
My VereLite got hosed with this upgrade.  For some reason some devices will ONLY work up to about 5' away and can't connect otherwise.  Other devices (same make/model) will work about a hundred feet away through an exterior stucco wall and around an aluminum patio without a problem.  I'm scratching my head on this one.

VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline KenJ

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 07:35:55 pm »
My VereLite got hosed with this upgrade.  For some reason some devices will ONLY work up to about 5' away and can't connect otherwise.  Other devices (same make/model) will work about a hundred feet away through an exterior stucco wall and around an aluminum patio without a problem.  I'm scratching my head on this one.

Are the short range devices locks or GDOs? IIRC one of the recent updates included a firmware update for the device that tightened up the pairing process. They have to complete the key exchange process which takes 30 minutes or so after the initial pairing before the longer range is enabled.

Offline jlind

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 08:57:01 am »
I have a GE 12730 Smart Fan Control, GE outdoor module (1 works, 1 doesn't), 3 GE appliance modules (2 don't work, 1 does), 3 Aeon smart switches (1 doesn't work, 2 do).  I think I'm going to try flashing the newest firmware again to see if it makes a difference. 

I still haven't heard back from Vera about my open ticket.  It would be nice if they acknowledged a bug or told me that it's only my device.  Frankly, I don't even know if they've looked at it.
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline kendad

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 10:42:49 pm »
I have a GE 12730 Smart Fan Control, GE outdoor module (1 works, 1 doesn't), 3 GE appliance modules (2 don't work, 1 does), 3 Aeon smart switches (1 doesn't work, 2 do).  I think I'm going to try flashing the newest firmware again to see if it makes a difference. 

I still haven't heard back from Vera about my open ticket.  It would be nice if they acknowledged a bug or told me that it's only my device.  Frankly, I don't even know if they've looked at it.

jlind, had a similar problem with my VeraLite. Several z-wave devices would randomly stop responding. Could reboot the unit and things would start working for a while. Support finally looked into it and discovered the Z-wave controller had not taken the last firmware release. Didn't even realize one was done but, here is their email to me.
----------------------------------------
Regarding the Z-Wave firmware, you can check it in Settings → Z-Wave Settings. Please refer to the attached image. Whenever there is a new Z-Wave firmware version for the Vera chips, it gets merged into the firmware package and upgraded on-the-fly while the whole system firmware update is ongoing.
----------------------------------------
Haven't had an issue with my devices since. My VeraLite Z-wave settings indicate I have version 3.67 L:1. The screen shot they sent me shows 4.5 L:1. I am assuming they were using a VeraEdge. You might want to check your version just to eliminate that possibility.

Offline bestermanus

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 02:09:08 am »
Veralite 3.67 L:1  here...

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 05:44:21 am »

- There's no more reload Luup engine option in "Develop Apps"
- Can not activate "Tech support"

It's ok now. My Vera had bad block warnings in dmesg.
I've done a sysupdate, with the help of the support, to reallocate the damaged blocks.

Offline jlind

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »
Thanks for info everyone.  Vera downgraded my Z-wave chip.  It still left my network in dissarray.  I literally lost all of my windows/motion sensors, minimote, schlage lock.  A bunch of stuff stopped working and needed to be removed/readded.  Going to take a few hours to get this back up.

Hey Vera, how about you notify us when you'll be upgrading the Z-Wave chip next time?  I'd like a breakdown of what binaries are going to be updated so that I can decide the risk vs reward of the upgrade.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »
Thanks for info everyone.  Vera downgraded my Z-wave chip.  It still left my network in dissarray.  I literally lost all of my windows/motion sensors, minimote, schlage lock.  A bunch of stuff stopped working and needed to be removed/readded.  Going to take a few hours to get this back up.

Hey Vera, how about you notify us when you'll be upgrading the Z-Wave chip next time?  I'd like a breakdown of what binaries are going to be updated so that I can decide the risk vs reward of the upgrade.

This is not the norm. I upgraded all 3 of my vera's and don't have your issue. Sometimes its a pain to track down why it happens to some but not others. Is it the devices, the location...... hard to say. 

Offline jlind

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 02:31:23 pm »
So I got nearly all of my devices setup and working.  Still, the network doesn't see NEARLY as stable as it once was.  Looking at AltUI I have many of my devices in the yellow/light green/red, where it used to be solid green.

Offline andrewgarfield

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 04:39:10 pm »
jlind, please keep me updated on your status.  I have a very similar issue as you and I have my support case in waiting for them to help me.  My guess is that they are going to want to do something similar with me.  But, I'd hate to have to redo my whole z-wave network just to have the problem not solved.

Offline becky

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 12:09:50 pm »
I bit the bullet and upgraded against my better judgment. This was the smoothest upgrade I've done since I've started with Vera. My door lock error went away, my devices are more stable and stopped throwing the "cannot detect device" errors on all but 1 device. I'm pretty happy with that because that 1 device is a slave switch, and I've had problems with it since it was installed. This is the first upgrade that actually fixed my problems instead of caused them. Hopefully I don't get cocky now and think I can upgrade every time and have good results.

Offline jlind

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 03:53:50 pm »
I'm currently on Z wave version 3.20 L:1 and UI 1.7.760 

Vera did in fact revert me to an earlier version in attempt to fix my problems, with no change in results.  I'm still having a lot of instability problems.

My goal is to try and get stable before I upgrade to my Plus.  I think my next step will be to force a downgrade and then retry the upgrade to get me back to where Vera thinks it should with Z wave version 3.67 and UI 1.7.760. 

Offline jlind

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 04:52:06 pm »
I upgraded back to Z wave version 3.67 and 1.7.760 UI.  Initially it seems to have improved my stability.  I'll keep you all informed after I give it a day or so.

Offline jlind

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 12:39:18 pm »
In short, cleaning, downgrading, and then re-upgrading fixed my problem with the network:

When I initially upgraded, my network immediately started falling apart.  I'm not sure what version of Z wave I was on prior to the upgrade, but afterwards I was on 3.67.  I attempted to downgrade myself and restore my pre-upgrade backup, but the network was still a mess and wouldn't connect to many of my devices.  I even had devices, such as sensors, simply disappear.  When Vera finally checked into it, they decided to downgrade my Z wave chip to 3.20.  Still, afterwards I couldn't connect to most of my devices.

When I finally started fixing my network by removing/re-adding devices I noticed something funny.  A couple of my device ID's (that I hadn't messed with) had some how changed from what they were prior to the disaster.  To confirm, I cross referenced these ID's with my global parameter ID's I had set in my startup script.  I'm not sure how this happened, but I believe it probably occurred on the initial upgrade (possibly some type of corruption).  Needless to say, I still had to go through and fix all of these ID's by removing and re-adding the devices.  After cleaning up the ID's, I was still on 1.7.730 with the chip at 3.20 and the network was MUCH improved, but still not as good as previously.  Thinking that the network would improve more with the upgrade to my Z wave chip I decided to upgrade again to 1.7.760 which would force the new Z wave chip upgrade back to 3.67.  As an extra precaution, I stopped all of my automated scenes prior to the upgrade so as to not interfere.  The upgrade went flawless and my network is back to it's pre-disaster state.

Unfortunately I can't say EXACTLY what caused the issues, but hopefully this will provide some guidance for someone who may experience something similar.