We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.7.760 Released  (Read 13060 times)

Offline andrewgarfield

Re: 1.7.760 Released
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2016, 04:16:10 pm »
Jlind,

Thanks so much for your update on this.  My network, over time, has also started to perform a bit better with the exception of my Intermatic switch that controls my pool pump. Previously the connection worked flawlessly day after day, after the upgrade it is completely unreachable.

So the good news is that the rest of the nodes seem to be doing okay these days.  But my pool control still is not.

I appreciate very much your update on this.  I may try downgrading and re-updating back to the current firmware too.

Offline jlind

Re: 1.7.760 Released
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:24 am »
No problem andrewgarfield.

I must say that, even though my most recent upgrade was a serious PITA, I would not hesitate to do it again.  So far I've been very happy with Vera and the cost is definitely worth the reward.  I definitely have had bumps in the road, but overall things are getting better with this company.  Bumps in the road are expected with such an open platform.  Hopefully they maintain course with constant improvements.

If you're on the fence to do this upgrade, I'd say do it.  Sure, I'd make sure you carve out a little extra time if you're skipping upgrades or have a ton of devices/apps.  This was the first hiccup for me  and I update regularly AND this may very well have been partially my fault. 

To me, hearing that many people are still running UI5 out of fear of upgrading and losing compatibility is kind of disheartening.  I understand holding off for a few minor updates here and there, but being 2 MAJOR revisions behind doesn't help overall progress for this community.  Essentially it leads to fragmenting the community and can lead to the community having a smaller voice overall.

VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)