We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: After upgrade to 1.7.1707, infinite "Please wait! Getting secure classes"  (Read 6268 times)

Offline erkme73

I'll admit it.  I upgraded against my better judgement - but that nagging "upgrade available" re-route page was just getting to be too bothersome.    After complying like a noob, my Aeon RGB ZW098 bulb suddenly had a new device number, and the subject "please wait" error.  I unpaired it, paired it again, and the same thing keeps happening.   My Edge and bulb are no more than 10' apart.

I know this is a device-specific issue, but it's clearly happened due to the upgrade.  Any suggestions?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
I'll admit it.  I upgraded against my better judgement - but that nagging "upgrade available" re-route page was just getting to be too bothersome.    After complying like a noob, my Aeon RGB ZW098 bulb suddenly had a new device number, and the subject "please wait" error.  I unpaired it, paired it again, and the same thing keeps happening.   My Edge and bulb are no more than 10' apart.

I know this is a device-specific issue, but it's clearly happened due to the upgrade.  Any suggestions?

Run the backup you created before the update with z-wave included to bring back the old ID and routes.

Offline erkme73

I'll give it a couple of days...  After looking at the bug reports page, it looks like they issued a patch specific to aeon labs devcies with this most recent one.   So I'm sure they're working on it.  I sent them an email reporting the issue as well.  It's the only device giving me grief, and I can work around it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline sre

Yesterday January 21 there was some firmware upgrade for Vers edge no 16xx, I think.  Got done without any hitch.  Today an upgrade 1.7.1707 appeared.  Tried to upgrade.  The vera edge is not recovering.  No zwave light and service light flickering.  I really dont know how to access edge and reset to older firmware.  Can you please help me ?  Regards

Run the backup you created before the update with z-wave included to bring back the old ID and routes.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Yesterday January 21 there was some firmware upgrade for Vers edge no 16xx, I think.  Got done without any hitch.  Today an upgrade 1.7.1707 appeared.  Tried to upgrade.  The vera edge is not recovering.  No zwave light and service light flickering.  I really dont know how to access edge and reset to older firmware.  Can you please help me ?  Regards

If its been more then an hour, pull the plug wait a bit and plug back in.

Offline sre

Thanks @integlikewhoa.  I didnt wait for an hour.  Waited half an hour and removed the plug.  Since then my vera and account is ungert.  I dont know how to get access to it locally.  local.findvera.com didnt help.  Any link how to proceed.  I think., I selected a wrong time to update.  Regards,

Offline erkme73

sre- sorry you're going through this.  I have no experience/advice to help you.  Being the OP, I figured I'd chime it to say that by the following morning the "Please wait!" error cleared on its own.  I can control the light (on/off/dim white only) with the stock device that vera created.  Unfortunately, the RGB controller plugin won't recognize it any more.  Hoping they get that working again.

Offline sre

It had a sad ending.  I had to get the technical support to help and they recommended replacement of unit.  It was a system working beautifully well before upgrade from 1.7.1693 to 1.7.1707.  Now I have to wait till replacement arrives.

I was about to upgrade the system to critical use.  How do you people deal with such situation when system is running on sritical use.  How to meet such eventuality.  Keep a spare system ?

Offline Jombongi

I equally upgraded the firmware. My ZM1701 security lock is also showing please wait 'getting secure classes'

Offline alaska99

same error with my security panel 2Gig GC3, but i dont know if it work before update 1707 because I received it there is 1 week... Unable to add it  >:(

PatL

I had the same problem with the Schlage Touchscreen lock. Solved it by unpairing/repairing, removing batteries of the lock, reconnecting.